Which Adaptors will I need?

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
neuroticallyyours

Which Adaptors will I need?

Post by neuroticallyyours »

I currently have a factory fixed Clarion unit, which obviously works to the stalk on the steering console as well as a CD changer in the boot.

Ive bought a Philips CEM3000 as its was an ex display model so dirt cheap, the very unhelpful Halfords "Manager" took my reg details and told me what adaptors I needed. So I bought harness adaptor lead, ISO to ISO fly ignition.

I did try to fit it myself last night, however I wasnt sure where the adaptor was meant to go, I was also left with a spare ISO plug with no space left on the back of the stereo. (The ariel as loose but I can see what I need for that).

So, how do I get the philips stereo to fit my car so that the CD changer and the stalk work? Or would it be easier to buy a different stereo with the correct connections, if they exist?

Ta :)

neuroticallyyours

Re: Which Adaptors will I need?

Post by neuroticallyyours »

Or how about one of these...

http://audio.motorguarduk.co.uk/product.asp?id=1909 ?

I just want to connect my iphone to it.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Can't help on the adaptors, but a Clarion cd changer isn't likely to work with anything other than a Clarion head unit.

And you've probably now met a "normal" Halfords manager ... and don't trust anything in their manuals/parts lists ... if you went by those, you'd have a garage full of bits that don't fit!

Try the Philips web sites .... or lots of Google searches ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

As above. Be very surprised if you can get it to work.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

buggy

Post by buggy »

was this the thing you were looking for? http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.asp ... &modID=507
They also list ipod adapter for original head units.
Good luck
Another old git having another mid-life crisis
Owner 478
was '02 2.0 206CC in Black, now MX5 Mk3 in winning blue.
My Avatar is a Pekingese - not a hairy Pug