Kenwood Stereo

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
rmilla

Kenwood Stereo

Post by rmilla »

I have a standard Clarion stereo fitted in my 2002 cc at the mo and I have some questions about changing this.
I have a Kenwood Stereo to put in, and I was wondering -

a) How do I get the original stereo out? Do I need to get some of those metal keys (there was nothing included when I bought the car)

b) When I fit the new unit, will it ask me for a code, or is this just something the original stereo asks for? I don't want to fit the new one and then get locked out of using it! (The code was not given to me either)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Capncol

Re: Kenwood Stereo

Post by Capncol »

You need a set of removal keys (although you can improvise) Euro plugs on the back, so no problem wiring. You do realise you wont get the dash display or radio stalk working with the Kenwood?
The code is to do with the radio not the car. If new unit is "face off" type, there probably won't be a code.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Pebbles42

Post by Pebbles42 »

Hi, if I change my standard Peugeot stereo to another one, will I lose the dash display, is that for every stereo or just a kenwood

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Pebbles42 wrote:Hi, if I change my standard Peugeot stereo to another one, will I lose the dash display, is that for every stereo or just a kenwood
Probably all stereos ... Peugeot's are wired internally for that ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo