VIBRATION AT HIGH VOLUME

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
Dav1ey

VIBRATION AT HIGH VOLUME

Post by Dav1ey »

Hi all, I have an Allure with the JBL sound system installed and whereas most of the time at lower volumes, under 12, it sounds fine and really boomy due to the subs in the boot but go above 12 and certain frequencies make the rear panels and drivers door vibrate. Anyone know how to rectify this without replacing speakers? I would not mind upgrading the door and rear panel speakers in time but for the time being this is not an option. Is there a way of tightening the panels to stop the vibration? I find if I push my elbow on the drivers door it seems to calm down.
Cheers all
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D
Norwich, UK :) OUT, PROUD & PROBABLY BEING NAUGHTY!

shadow

Re: VIBRATION AT HIGH VOLUME

Post by shadow »

try adjusting the bass/treble/loudness via the HU

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Loudness always on and will not switch off as I cannot stand it with it off, with bass reduced to -1 from +2 makes a slight difference but then sounds tinny, when I get it to how I like it and crank it up that is when it starts to vibrate hence wondering if trim can be adjusted etc.
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You can buy self adhesive sound deadening which you can put on the inside of the offending panels. Search ebay. There is loads on there.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Aha, excellent, will give it a try! Cheers