MFD doesnt work with new stereo

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
s34n

Post by s34n »

Hi there,

I just bought a new Peugeot... but it didnt come with the original stereo... there is a Kenwood KDC installed, but the CD CHanger and MFD no longer works....

The guy I bought it from said that you'll need an original stereo for the MFD to work... is this true?

I was hoping to purchase a new stereo and hook it up to the cd changer and enable the MFD to work with it, can this be done?

THanks

Sean

Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

Hei!

Its not true that u need a original to make it work, if u buy any other brand than whats original you will need an adapter for the display and wheel controller, this cost abt 1400NOK or £130 i think.

I changed to Pioneer on my Pug (had a clarion original) and connected the adapter and there I went, all ready to rock, had the speakers been better I`d actually enjoyed it :rolleyes:

aaronwillis

Re: MFD doesnt work with new stereo

Post by aaronwillis »

i kept with clarion but got the adaptor to allow me to use the steering wheel functions
BYE BYE 206cc...........HELLO LEON CUPRA R

cheekee

Post by cheekee »

With an aftermarket car stereo fitted the MFD shoud still display.

* Time
* Date
* Temperature

plus depending on the year of the car, MPG, and service/fault display.

The only thing that wont be displayed is the radio station or cd info.

If the MFD isnt displaying anything at all, check the bulbs in the MFD. you can buy spares from peugeot.

Also check the fuse box to make sure the previous owner didnt blow the MFD fuse somehow when fitting the new stereo.

Apparently some sony stereos are compatible with the MFD and you can see the radio info etc....

I have a pioneer head unit and I dont miss not seeing the radio info on the MFD. as long as the time, temperature and date are displayed im happy :). The adapter I fitted to use the steering wheel controls cost me £55.00.

aaronwillis

Post by aaronwillis »

Once u get used to the steering wheel remote you don't wanna loose it
I think mine was a autoleads adaptor
BYE BYE 206cc...........HELLO LEON CUPRA R