aussie boy leaves the scene - in a new BMW.......

All the rejected 206CC's......
Rods_206cc

Post by Rods_206cc »

Hey peoples, after some incredibly troubled times with my car, i'm happily trading it on a new BMW 3 Series Sport.
After:
-warranty respray - entire rear end
-dashboard starting to fall on the drivers side (you can put a pen in the gap between the windsreen and top of dash board on drivers side) the dealer said that there is nothing that can be done about this, as they're not prepared to take the dash out.
-passenger side cv joints starting to click (the car's only got 24000 k's on it)
-roof mechanism is making an incredible knocking sound and rubbing on the body work. more often than not, i have to get out and push down the bootlid, to make the lid click down, otherwise the motor keeps running
-a very prominent exhaust manifold problem/noise at acceleration
-and a annoying stereo that reprograms the memory and changes every setting to 90.90 at every chance it can get
-and a rattly bearing sound in the engine - VERY notable with the radio on, and dealership refused to admit it's there.

and not to mention the incredibly bad after sales service both at dealer level, and in the service department (City Automotive Group, Newstead, Brisbane), it's time that i just bit the bullet, and got rid of the car.
although throughout these times, it's been an awesome car with a good 'wow' factor, it's sad that the quality doesn't equal the looks.
I must admit, it isn't with much regret that it goes - unfortunately.
I wish that i'd done my research on the car beforehand.

(for anyone who's recently purchased one, if it's any help, even the service manager STRONGLY advised to get extended warranty - he said that he'd never own one out of the warranty period - just shows what faith they have in their own product)

Rod.

clarelee

Post by clarelee »

Hi Rod,

I guess that this means that there isn't going to be any Brisbane drive days in the near future. Sounds like you got landed with a real piece of Cr@p, speaking of cr@p I agree with you regarding City automotive group, they are truly useless, I will never buy anything from them again. I feel sorry for the next person who gets your car. Good luck with the new machine.

CML