FY52 TFK - Please Read

All the rejected 206CC's......
Ladybrum

FY52 TFK - Please Read

Post by Ladybrum »

REJECTED........Just to let you all know, after 4 months of problems and 2 months of arguing with the garage where I bought the car from, it's finally been rejected and returned. I have no idea where this car will end up but please be aware of it....

FY52 TFK 2.0L SE - Blue (approx, 67400 mileage)

Quick update.....Cannot believe it, the garage are actually re-selling the car!!! It's on their forecourt and web page!!! This car has come down in price from the beginning of this year when the previous owner before me bought it at £2,800.00. I Paid £2,400.00 in May and now it's at £1,999.00.. Unbelievable... :mad:
(picture link below)

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_we ... id=8127660

Do NOT buy this car..... It seems to have untold faults (banging gearbox, tappety valves, leaking roof on drivers side which soaks the seat, knocking/clunking on front drivers side, front electric windows sometimes lock and won't open and it goes on, and on, and on
Last edited by Ladybrum on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

fatboyslim

Re: FY52 TFK - Please Read

Post by fatboyslim »

Cn you not report this to trading standards??

Ladybrum

Post by Ladybrum »

I've already had Trading Standards involved. There advice was to take the trader to Court, but that could take a minimum of 2-3 months and I had to keep the car which is no good to me as it's so unreliable and awful to drive. I've lost enough time off from work and restless nights sleep due to this car and I just couldn't do it any longer. And also, after spending over £1000.00 in 5 months on repairs, the car's still got a long list of faults..... Nightmare!

mollysue

Post by mollysue »

Hi Ladyburn

Did you get a full refund? Some dealers have no flippin shame :mad: and should be closed down by Trading Standards.
You had a really bad experience with your 206 and I can totally empathise with you, your nightmare has ended. Hope your next car purchase is trouble free :thumbs:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Thanks.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.