New owner Knowledge request.

please fill in this survey
rayb1888

New owner Knowledge request.

Post by rayb1888 »

Hi All,
I'm A New Member and my wife has just recieved her 206cc. the Question I would like to ask of any member with the knowledge is this,
As You should all be aware of is the 206cc does not come with a spare wheel, instead it has 2 inflating Gas cartridges and a jack, When we recieved the car both these items were missing, I returned to the dealer and he has suplied me with the gas cartridges, but no jack,
he said that you do not get a jack with this car and why would you need it, its not like your going to use it.
He could be right, but the owners manual indicates that there should be a jack in the car.
please could anyone enlighten me, and if you do get a jack what would you use it for.

Thar

Re: New owner Knowledge request.

Post by Thar »

Hi rayb1888 and welcome to the forum! :wave:

The answer to your question is, yes, you should get a jack. Why would you need one? To jack the car up if you get a puncture! I can't believe they said this to you. OK the 206cc doesn't come with a spare, but it is still supplied with a jack.

Here is a link to a previous thread and a photo of my jack in place in the boot. viewtopic.php?p=104712#p104712

Many of us have bought space saver wheels after realising the lack of spare wheel. There is a thread earlier today asking about them.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

GrandadMonkey

Re: New owner Knowledge request.

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I presume you got a wheel brace with it so that you can undo the wheel bolts. Furthermore if you have locking wheel bolts for security purposes to stop your alloy wheels from being stolen, then you'll need the adaptor key for them.

It is most disappointing when car dealers tell such fibs. Gives them such a bad name.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)