Need advice on Tire size for 206CC 2.0

All your 206CC sightings.......
convertiblefan

Need advice on Tire size for 206CC 2.0

Post by convertiblefan »

Hi, i have my 206cc for almost 2 years now it's a 55 reg. I just came back from holiday and left my car on the drive way. All my tires gone flat after 2 weeks away. I pumped my tires then went to a tire shop to check, they said one of the tires got a nail in it and the others are quite worn and suggested to change all 4 tires.

When i put my car registation on the website, it came up with profile 205/55/16 shld be for my car. But i noticed my 4 tires are all from diff brands but 205/45/16.

Now if i have to change all my tires. Should i get 55 or 45? What are the most suitable brands of tires for 206cc 2.0, i drive in the city and dont drive very often.

Can someone give me advice on the correct tire size for my 206cc 2.0 made 2005.

Thank you. cara :)

gazza82

Re: Need advice on Tire size for 206CC 2.0

Post by gazza82 »

Correct size is 205/45R16 and 83 load rating. Not sure what web site you used as all the ones I've used always come back with 45 profiles.

We use Hankook V12 EVO 2s which give good wet and dry grip. The only downside is they are directional so if it starts on the right, it has to stay on that side when rotating to extend the life unless you have then removed from the wheels and refitted.

It's my daughter's car and so I want it to be safe in all conditions.

Try BlackCircles or mytyres as they offer fitting too.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

convertiblefan

Post by convertiblefan »

Thank you gazza82. I went to Halford and they told me i can order tires with better price through Asda tires. when in the site i input my car registration and came up with 55 nott 45 that's why i am confused.

I was thinking to get Pirelli as what my old italian convertibble used. Even in the tires, apart from the nos, there are also model names, I dont want to order the wrong ones. I asked halford they said people order whatever brand they like. What about the no in the end. 205/55/16/91W, i saw the tires some have 91w, V or H. IF for 45, it comes with 83 or 87 V, W, H. for load rate. Does it really matter?

I want to be save in wet drive and i dont normally travel far. Thank you. cara

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Unfotunately Halfords is starting to be as bad as KwikFit when it comes to quality advise.

I think Asda tyres is simply a front for another internet company, but coukd be wring ... Like their website.

If you have 16" wheels, you want 205/45R16tyres.

The last two number 83, 87 or 91 is the load rating ... Some cars need higher rated tyres than others due to their weight and it means the side walls are a bit tougher. 87 should be Ok. I think that's what the Hankoks are.

The V, W, Z and other letters are the speed ratings. What they should go up to on the road. V should be fine, but you could fit W or Z. Don't fit H, T, etc as they probably won't handle the best.

Pirellis are good so if you are happy with that brand go for them. What you will find is the 45 profiles aren't cheap or available in every make or type, so you may need to search around. That's why I like BlackCircles. You pick the size and then can specify the brabd or Premuim tyres.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo