Who can spot the most in one day?

All your 206CC sightings.......
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Beach Babe wrote:You need to borrow Ollie's cctv camera :hyper:

Beach Babe
It comes in very hand, but even with CCTV footage when a crime has been committed my local police still say "There is nothing we can do about it" :censored:

Thar

Post by Thar »

I have a cctv camera that I don't use, but I think I would get funny looks if I set it up at work and pointed it at the office car park! :lol:
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Thar wrote:I have a cctv camera that I don't use, but I think I would get funny looks if I set it up at work and pointed it at the office car park! :lol:
It's quite odd that your office dosent cover its own car park, especially with the Big Brother society we live in now. I always park my car near a camera, especially in London Car Parks or rough areas and in NCP's :D

Thar

Post by Thar »

Security...you're joking! I only get to park on it once every 6 weeks anyway. My employer is not renowned for their generosity.
Image...............

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

My post is not even a contender, but thought I would post anyhow - been out in my cc first time in over a month and others were out in force now the summer season is here in the seaside town.

1 Blue (Same as mine) @ Frinton-on-Sea Railway Crossing (They spotted me and passenger made point of turning his head 180 degress to smile at me :D

3 Silver (One in Tesco Clacton car park, reg ending HDA red & Black interior, in despearte need for a wash, SHAME ON YOU)! :D :D

1 gorgeousss battle ship grey by Weely Black Boy Pub - never seen that colour, loved it, got me thinking..... :D

Ill keep my eyes peeled and I am trying to keep my camera on standby to try get snaps too :D

Beach Babe

Post by Beach Babe »

Ah ha - welcome back Ollie :wave:

cc's are best :Yes:

Happy counting - do we need to put a running commentary on each sighting ?

Beach Babe

Thar

Post by Thar »

Beach Babe wrote:...do we need to put a running commentary on each sighting ?

Beach Babe
I don't see why not, it makes things more interesting! :D

Battleship grey...is that like the grey they did the TT in? I think they called that aviator grey though?

Image...............

Thar

Post by Thar »

Ollie wrote:3 Silver (One in Tesco Clacton car park, reg ending HDA red & Black interior, in despearte need for a wash, SHAME ON YOU)! :D :D

Ill keep my eyes peeled and I am trying to keep my camera on standby to try get snaps too :D
Glad you got the tyre and wheel fixed Ollie and managed to get back on the road to make the most of the good weather you're having.

My car isn't as bad as the ones you describe but I'll have to get the bucket out in a bit as we're still on a hosepipe ban here...even though it's not stopped raining since it came into force!

Photos are a great idea as long as we don't upset anyone. Probably be wise to blank out the reg's too.

I think we should promote the site guys, what do you think? There's loads of us 206cc'ers out there and it would be great for us all to share our stories. Might even get a few more waves when we spot each other too! If you do a search on the subject, there used to be site promo stickers but they ran out ages ago, anyone "arty"?

There is a pdf for making "spotted" cards in the Uploader part of the site which you can leave on any you see while out on your travels.
Image...............

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Thar wrote:
Beach Babe wrote:...do we need to put a running commentary on each sighting ?

Beach Babe
I don't see why not, it makes things more interesting! :D

Battleship grey...is that like the grey they did the TT in? I think they called that aviator grey though?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1079/130 ... 74.jpg?v=0
I dunno it was really wierd, it was darker and warmer, I say battleship grey more as my own personal description. It really was an amazing colour, I didnt realise grey could be so attractive especially on a 206cc.

I suppose this has to be it:

Although my eyes saw it more like this:

I actually gasped when I saw it :o :D

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Thar wrote:If you do a search on the subject, there used to be site promo stickers but they ran out ages ago, anyone "arty"?

There is a pdf for making "spotted" cards in the Uploader part of the site which you can leave on any you see while out on your travels.
I'll have a bash in a bit :D

EDIT:
I found the PDF there not bad, be a drain on your colour ink, I will print a sheet off, I could of left one on the silver one in Tesco car park :D
Last edited by Ollie on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

52nd of February

Post by 52nd of February »

Ollie wrote:I suppose this has to be it

Yep thats the one Ollie, it's only on 2005 models onwards and not a particularly common colour, though I rather like it! :D

Toyota call a very similar colour 'Storm Grey', and Honda call their version 'Gun Metal Grey'. I'm actually unsure of Peugeot's name for the colour, which is unusual! :O

EDIT:I'm not sure if that image is working, when I'm on a computer later today I'll fix it
Last edited by 52nd of February on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

52nd of February wrote:
Ollie wrote:I suppose this has to be it

'Gun Metal Grey'.
I am sure this was the name for the colour of my Peugeot 205, maybe thats how I came up with Battle Ship Grey :question:
I think I have bamboozled myself :o

52nd of February

Post by 52nd of February »

There we go, fixed them :D
Ollie wrote:I am sure this was the name for the colour of my Peugeot 205, maybe thats how I came up with Battle Ship Grey
Haha quite possibly!

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Only 2 today:

1 - Silver with two old dears in, roof off Reg end 'EZF' (or similar) Walton High Street, Walton-on-the-Naze :D

1 -China blue roof ON :o (so hot today) Reg end 'KUC' on Little Clacton Road, Great Holland, Essex :D

Note to Self: Must try harder :D

Thar

Post by Thar »

Only 2 silver for me today but not been far. I used to think the Aegean blue was the most common colour around here but now I think it's definitely silver...though none are as gorgeous as mine! :D
Image...............