Who can spot the most in one day?

All your 206CC sightings.......
52nd of February

Post by 52nd of February »

I saw one yesterday, AND the day before!!!!!! This is soooo exciting!!!

On Sunday when I went to the plaza to get cash out, there was an Aegean Blue 2002 model - windstop and black and blue upholstery, so I parked next to it!!! :D :D :D :D :D: D I've never seen one so similar to mine in real life before!

Then yesterday, I saw ANOTHER 2002 Aegean Blue in Lismore - wasn't the same car though they had different numberplates - this made my week!

Thar

Post by Thar »

52nd of February wrote:I saw one yesterday, AND the day before!!!!!! This is soooo exciting!!!

On Sunday when I went to the plaza to get cash out, there was an Aegean Blue 2002 model - windstop and black and blue upholstery, so I parked next to it!!! :D :D :D :D :D: D
Aww...I bet they looked like Mr. and Mrs. :love:
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

52nd of February

Thar wrote:Aww...I bet they looked like Mr. and Mrs. :love:
haha they sure did - to the untrained eye, they're pretty much twins but to me, every difference stands out like a sore thumb :P

:exclaim::exclaim::exclaim: A BLACK ONE JUST DROVE PAST!!! all of a sudden, they have reappeared! that's 3 now in 48 hours, they must have been hibernating for the winter :rotfl:

52nd of February

I saw a silver one today! It was behind me, and I thought THAT was exciting................ I wish I could see 18 in one day...............
Last edited by 52nd of February on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

52nd of February

Re: Who can spot the most in one day?

2 Moonstone 206CC's, but on the way home i saw 5 207CC's!!! 5!!! In the space of 20 mins in the city!!!
I win on the 207's...? :P

Thar

Post by Thar »

Well just back from a fortnight in Cuba...no cc's but loads of plain old 206's. Best I can do is 1 Cayman Green this afternoon :oops:
Image...............

helen10266

Post by helen10266 »

Hope you had a great hols Thar!!!! Any places you recommend? I am going in October on my first ever 'solo' holiday!!!!

RammyTheCat

Post by RammyTheCat »

i've definitely seen 4 in a day before, but since finding this thread haven't seen as many. On a long drive from Kent to Yorkshire last Tuesday saw just one Aegean B lue and one Silver.

Enjoy Cuba, Helen! I went there for 2 weeks with Solos in March - one week touring and one week at the Breezes Jibacoa Playa - loved it!

:beer:
People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Thar

Post by Thar »

Off topic but...ours was a package. We stayed at the Sol Rio Luna Y Mares which is near the town of Guardalavaca this year, the beach was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. We also went last year and stayed at the Melia Las Dunas in Cayo Santa Maria, which is on an archipelago off the mainland and a bit more remote. Unfortunately we didn't get to see Havana either trip as the excursion is adults only.
Image...............

helen10266

Post by helen10266 »

Rammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going with Solos to Breezes Jibacoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been on hols by myself before but having had a really s*** time back in March I ended up having a few too many glasses of Pinot Grigio!!!! Woke up following morning and found an email booking confirmation for a holiday!!!! There was no-one more surprised than me! Had no re-collection of booking it but am really looking forward to it now!!!

Was on their site earlier looking at Tobago for May but maybe should see how I get on with the Cuba one first!

What 'optional' extra excursions did you do?

RammyTheCat

Post by RammyTheCat »

Helen - sent you a PM about Cuba, as was going off-topic!

:thumbs:

Saw 4 today in a fairly short drive (Folkestone to Romney Marsh and back):

2 x silver (one with large dent on the bonnet)

1 x red

1 x Aegean blue

And would you believe it, none of them had the roof open!
People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Thar

Post by Thar »

RammyTheCat wrote:And would you believe it, none of them had the roof open!
I can't believe it when I see this! I feel like shouting..."Get your roof down!" I put mine down for a 5 minute trip to the shops! :Yes:
Image...............

52nd of February

Thar wrote:
RammyTheCat wrote:And would you believe it, none of them had the roof open!
I can't believe it when I see this! I feel like shouting..."Get your roof down!" I put mine down for a 5 minute trip to the shops! :Yes:
haha you all probably think I'm mad - but I can tell you that when you're spoilt for good weather, you do take it for granted :oops: and often, I actually feel like driving with the roof up. In the last week, the temperatures ranged from 23-27 degrees and weather was either patchy clouds or sunshine, and I probably only had the roof down..... twice? On the Gold Coast - a convertible's natural habitat!

You're all heading into winter now, aren't you? :( Hope you get some lovely autumn days then!

Thar

Post by Thar »

52nd of February wrote:You're all heading into winter now, aren't you? :( Hope you get some lovely autumn days then!
Don't remind me...my car goes into hibernation for the worst Winter months so I'm making the most of the next few weeks.

Spotted quite a few cc's in the past couple of days, 5 yesterday and 4 today. I live in a medium sized town but I don't remember seeing these cars before :scratch: Will have to pay more attention to the plate. I do recognise one near me that has a plate CC**PUG.
Image...............

52nd of February

Spring seems to be luring the CC's out of their winter hidey holes and lately I've been seeing 3 in one day, 2 even had their roofs down!

But as I was looking for a park, I saw a maroon one! I've only ever seen 2 others, one in Sydney and one in the local dealer - both 02 with black bumpers, and a looooonnnnnggggg time agom but this was an MY04, fully body-coloured and shiiiiinnnnyyyy! Bit different from the usual silver, moonstone and black that make up 90% of the population out here.....