To Wave or not to wave?

All your 206CC sightings.......
revclassic

Post by revclassic »

Yes, that is the question. I'm used to the waving and headlamp flashing lark having owned an MGB with sporty black and white houndstooth flat cap but not a pipe and zip-up bootees.

I have put my waving experience to good use recently. Response has been, poor I'm afraid.
Let's be honest, most other 206cc'ers haven't the foggiest idea what on earth is going on.
I'm now of the opinion that others believe I must have grown two heads or have developed some sort of mental illness. (I use the cool laid back style as aposed to the vigerous "Oh my word, I have a wasp in the car" type of wave.

So, how do we identify fellow members?. One thought I've had is the attaching of an aerial ball (Not the washing powder ball. Hey, come to think of it, that might just work!!), you know, like a ping-pong ball or similar. We would have to adopt a 'House Style' ofcourse.

Wad'yar think?

That Is All!
If a black cat crosses your path, it's obvious that it's going somewhere.

revclassic

Post by revclassic »

As replys are conspicuous by there absence, I will take it that the ping-pong ball idea was not that popular.
I will now assume the position of crouching in a very dark corner and spend the next few hours muttering to myself.

That is all
If a black cat crosses your path, it's obvious that it's going somewhere.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I just wave but the only response I get is
1) My wife tells me not to be so stupid!
2) Quizzical looks from other drivers clearly thinking "who the heck is that old man? I don't know him.
Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

daveb

Post by daveb »

Being a Motorcyclist it seems strange to me that 206cc owners don't wave.
EVERY Biker large or small waves to other bikers. it's a great feeling! Try it!:wave:

Globetrotter

Post by Globetrotter »

Agree with the above, I used to ride a 125 while I was learning to drive and I loved "the nod" that you got from other bikers.
2006 Peugeot 206cc 1.6HDi - "Lucy"

katiegreenx

Post by katiegreenx »

i would wave back at someone but noone ever waves to me :(

millsy001

Post by millsy001 »

I agree, we cc drivers should wave to show solidarity. I often nod smile and give a small wave when roof is down but get no response.

come on guys smile and enjoy the ride!!

:hyper:

SC05TTS

Post by SC05TTS »

Im up for waving to other members but don't know who is who.I bet there are 1000's of CC drivers out there that don't even know about this website. I was thinking about some sort of sticker in the windscreen or something or on the back window?

Thar

Post by Thar »

You could make something up from the spotted card template? http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/uploads.php
Might have a go myself with my son's laminator :mrgreen:

There are quite a few 206cc's around where I live and I would get funny looks if I waved at every one. I do wave when the tops off though.
Last edited by Thar on Sat May 16, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

ottey

Post by ottey »

SC05TTS wrote:I was thinking about some sort of sticker in the windscreen or something or on the back window?
Problem would be if you had the hood down!!
I was a member of the MX5 owners club and a similar discussion raged for ages on their forum. They had stickers you put in the windscreen but they were difficult to see and no one ever waved at me (though I felt a complete idiot doing the same!). You also had to pay for membership - though the magazine you got every 3 months was great if you were a die hard fan!. So, something to identify you is great but it will cost ££s, and still may not have the desired effect.
By the way - first day with hood down - great:thumbs:

fee2731

Post by fee2731 »

Hi, I'm new to the 206cc world(actually don't pick mine up until Sat.) but I did have a MR2 MK1 and we did tend to get a good response from a quick wave. I think it's a nice thing to do as make you feel part of a "little family". So anyone in the Bromley area who sees a black 206cc please wave back !!!:wave:

evilhamster

Re: To Wave or not to wave?

Post by evilhamster »

i used to have an original mini never drove passed another original mini that didn't flash the lights or wave :wave:

highlander

Post by highlander »

wave, by gum, wave.
04 Plate 1.6 quiksilver
Scottish Highlands

Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

I used to own a MGB roadster and waving was the norm. Now however waving and smiling puts you into the weirdo pigeon hole! When we had the 1st 206 I think they were no novel and people used to wave and smile, but now these types of cars are common, new shapes old shapes it is outstanding. also when you have a classic car, you are more likely to dress up. like gorillas like the old peter sellers film, whereas in a 206 CC you are more likely to be arrested. I love driving my car, winter summer with the top down, what are they for roof...to keep the rain off nothing more!! :
Silver blue 206CC 2003 from new. Often have roof down in winter as well, with heater on!
Work car Isuzu Yukon D-Max red

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

OMG people... I have had 3 Minis, 2 old and one new Cooper S Convertible and everyone waves at each other. I have started waving, saluting, flashing (LIGHTS :no: !! ) at CCs and my fellow CC drivers are doing our little cult well in Norwich! I love it, takes me back everytime I get a response to when I had my classic old skool Minis. If you see me in Norwich, or anywhere really as I tend to get about, I have a Sourcerors Disney aerial topper and normally always topless :big-grin: Gimme a wave...
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D
Norwich, UK :) OUT, PROUD & PROBABLY BEING NAUGHTY!