What is the etiquette when you see another 206cc on the road

All your 206CC sightings.......
larambla

Post by larambla »

Hi

I was just looking through some of the older posts and a few caught my eye regarding acknowledging other 206CC drivers on the road.

Am I expected to wave? Nobody has waved to me.

In fact on my way to work there are literally about 10 regular 206cc's - 5 passing me and about 5 sitting in the same traffic jam and we just stare straight ahead, aware of each others presence but pretending that we are the only 206CC in the village!!

It is especially embarassing when I pull along side a fellow Moonstone CC!! I see her in the traffic about 100 yards away in the other lane and I pray that my side doesn't go faster than hers but it always does and I end up right next to her, 2 Moonstones sitting side by side (it must be a beautiful site!!).

Should I be waving at these people or will I end up with a restraining order?

Somebody put me right as I don't want to offend other members in the club:D

Gary

larambla

Post by larambla »

Ooops!

Sorry...think I might have posted this in the wrong forum ("Spotted" perhaps?)

(Moved as requested - Edited by GrandadMonkey)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hi Gary,
I usually wave, perhaps flash my lights if I see one coming from the opposite direction, but I usually get ignored too. My wife thinks I'm mad and says I shouldn't do it. Takes me back 30 - 40 years though when Beetle owners used to wave at each other. I think it's a bit sad that other folk often don't participate.
Ron:wave:
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Dan

Post by Dan »

I ued to wave only if we both had the roof down and it was lovely weather... My girlfriend had a habit of shouting, screaming and waving her hands in the air like a loon when one drove past :rotfl:

Ive seen Lotus drivers pass each other and they always wave.
Last edited by Dan on Thu May 24, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neildavies

Post by neildavies »

I used to wave when we first had the 206cc, but never got a wave back. Problem is the amount on the road.

When I'm in the 406 coupe, I've had a couple of waves though.
2002 206cc 2.0 SE
2002 406 Coupe 2.2HDi SE

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

when the 206cc was launched back in 2001 many owners had plenty of waves from other owners but these days , like someone else said, there's way too many on the roads so it's very very rare to get a wave back :(
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

dee7357

Post by dee7357 »

After I got my cc in Feb 07 I noticed on this site people saying about waving to other cc's, the trouble is the 206 hatchback looks the same from the front, by the time I have noticed it's a cc they have gone passed. And none of the other cc drivers wave of flash their lights, maybe it's because I come from Farnham Surrey and they think it's too common to acknowledge another cc.
Wild thing you makemy heart sing.......

davet123

Post by davet123 »

being an ex MGF owner...(damn head gasket failure 3 times in 7 months forced sale), we used to wave at every "F" that went past getting at least 90% return waves, however since owning a 206cc, we have waved at several others...resulting in the blank "who the hell was that" stare, or totally being ignored....PLEEEEEZ 206 owners...repond in kind:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

I think the 206cc windscreen looks a little wider that a hatchback, perhaps stretched..? Thats how I can tell its a cc when its coming toward me.

Marmite
x

Cheeky Benito

Post by Cheeky Benito »

How quaint, I remember my granny waving to other morris minor drivers. I may wave - but only if your good looking. xx

beccabee

Post by beccabee »

Had a Smart from 1999 until about 2004. Used to wave and flash at everyone with almost 100% return. Still have to stop myself 3 years on. Very disappointed today to see 3 CCs with the roof up! Was it raining in their world?! :rolleyes:

Babycham

Post by Babycham »

I am so excited to be picking up my new 206 CC on Friday and plan to wave to all fellow CC-ers!! I think it's nice and friendly and old-fashioned...
All you drivers in Gloucestershire watch out for me - I'll be the super-excitable brunette in Sapphire blue! :lol:

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck on Friday. I bet this will seem like the longest week ever!

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

burger

Post by burger »

I used to own a classic mini, and I always used to flash my headlights at fellow mini drivers. It's not the same now though with modern cars as theres no heritage, pride or community patriotism involved in their production. i would flash at other 206cc drivers, but i know I wouldn't get a reaction from any of them :(
Last edited by burger on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

simes

Post by simes »

205GTI drivers wave to each other - that's because there are so few of us and we're all members of 205GTIdrivers.com
[size=17]Simon[/size]
205Mi16
206cc
Vespa GTS 250ie