I would really appreciate some technical help...

Other things in here.......
Dav1ey

I would really appreciate some technical help...

Post by Dav1ey »

Hi all, I need some advice on how to locate the roof microswitches as I believe I have a rogue one preventing the hydraulics from stopping both after putting the roof down and up. Peugeot have tested and swapped the ECU and that is fine so there is definitely something stuck or faulty I believe. So, this is all after a service yesterday, before it worked absolutely fine... unclip the roof catches and there is no bong and the windows stay up and the boot starts going up. Windows will not work as normal until catches are back in place. Beeping starts as soon as roof operation has finished up or down as the hydraulics are still working. Is there one switch that stops the motor? Could it be a window switch? I am so annoyed that the roof works fine but the beeping drives me mad. Any assistance would be greatly received and if you are in Norwich I could come to you for help :thumbs: Thanks in advance for any help :big-grin:
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D
Norwich, UK :) OUT, PROUD & PROBABLY BEING NAUGHTY!

Capncol

Re: I would really appreciate some technical help...

Post by Capncol »

What happens if you manually lower the windows first, then unlatch the roof?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Hiya, when the windows are down the roof still doesnt bong when uncatching. Apart from the bong and windows going down at the start it works as normal but beeps once over 5KMH :( :(
Ex owner of a 2005, 206cc Allure, Aegean Blue, 1.6 Auto with Cream leather ambience - *** SOLD *** and being loved in Essex :) NEW Fiat 500 Lounge with Start Stop in Pasadoblé Red... Rampant Roller Skate :D

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

The windows all work normally when latched and when the roof is down and Peugeot tested them. Its just when the roof has finished going either way the motor does not stop so obviously it is thinking that the roof is not in place hence the infernal beep beep beep once I take off :( What am I going to do? There is a local Peugeot breakers out of town, think I may visit them at the weekend maybe.

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

I have found Anglia Peugeot Centre so will be using them after a great chat with the manager! Seems I am not the only person to come away from Busseys and not happy with them!

fatboyslim

Post by fatboyslim »

Is the boot lid locking down correctly?
Try pushing down on either side to see if it clicks and locks

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Yeah mate, all clicks and locks in to place as it should. Leaving it until I go to the garage now, its doing my head in!

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Not sure about this one. I would have said ECU, but you've tried that. Is the roof slower to lift than before?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

No, if anything it could be slightly faster now the weather has warmed up. It must be a microswitch somewhere maybe? Possibly a window one if the roof doesn't try and drop the windows down when dropping the top? It is an odd one! :? Something just doesn't know that it has finished going up or down as everything else works and clicks when it should.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Yeah but that would suggest 2 or more microswitches as motor doesn't stop when going up or down. Is that right?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Yeah thats right, so unlatch and roof goes and it goes straight down and motor doesnt stop obviously until the button is released. Put roof up and same again... and windows do not go up when the roof is down I have just found out! I am still reeling thinking that this is a coincidence!!

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

To be fair, I would think this is coincidence as they wouldn't have touched the roof to do a service.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

I know... I am coming round to it now but I just want it fixed. :hmm:

Dav1ey

Post by Dav1ey »

Well it would seem my complaint has been taken seriously and I have a meeting face to face with the operations director next Friday to discuss this. Wonder how that will pan out! :hmm:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

May be a result. Keep us posted.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)