iPhone SatNav

Other things in here.......
AllenConquest

iPhone SatNav

Post by AllenConquest »

Hi,

I've recently got my 206cc and am looking at using my iPhone4 as a SatNav. I've read several different account of GPS signals and the windscreen problem. Some complaining that their GPS doesn't work, others saying they have no problem, so I'm confused! Does anyone have experience of using an iPhone as a SatNav in their 206cc? Also, what would be the best way to link it into the standard radio, including hands free? Again, I've read several different ways, but want some opinions.

Thanks,

Allen

redkev

Re: iPhone SatNav

Post by redkev »

Hi allen,i have a samsung mobile with gps, sat nav works fine in the car.some problems can occur if the windscreen is athermic,it blocks signal i have also used a portable sat nav again no probs

Thar

Post by Thar »

Although the 206cc is said to have an athermic windscreen I have no problems getting a lock when using my Tom Tom. In comparison, we also have a Picasso and I cannot get a lock when the Tom Tom is fixed to the screen in that, fortunately though it can be fitted to the front quarterlight which does not have the coating.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

minx69

Post by minx69 »

No problems in a 206cc with an iPhone 4, and now an iPhone 5.
Don't use apple maps though! Google maps or navfree should do the trick (and are both free)
55plate 206cc, 1.6 sport variant in gun metal grey.

AllenConquest

Post by AllenConquest »

I now use Waze on my iPhone 5. But I'd like to connect it to a head unit for better hands free and streaming of satnav messages to the stereo. I've heard good thinks about Bluetooth streaming, does anyone have experience of doing that in their 206cc?

suegriff

Post by suegriff »

sony xperia s with google no probs