Falling in love!

Other things in here.......
AllenConquest

Re: Falling in love!

Post by AllenConquest »

It sounds a bit dodgy to me too! Found another one that is an 07 plate, 32,000 miles, £4995 ONO. That sounds like better value for money, but would need another HPI check!

Thar

Post by Thar »

AllenConquest wrote:...but would need another HPI check!
True, but better to be safe than sorry, especially after what the last one picked up.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

GOC

Post by GOC »

Hello there and welcome to the 206 lovers club! My husband and I both learned to drive later in life but have had loads of types since and I fell in love with the 206 cc purely because its the only economy car that, is a cabriolet, is really good looking, not expensive to run, has a small rear bench for our dog or grandkids and doesnt cost a bomb. I looked for ages on autotrader, because it was going to be our local runaround, not our main car we had the time to do this, then found a local garage had one in really cheap. Because I had been looking so long I noticed the good ones go really quickly, and price and condition varied greatly - some dogs were well expesive! The leather seats tend to go ropey really quickly, which is sad, every one I have looked at had scuffed leather - apart from a blue one with cream leather, they are a really nice combo. However the one I have has 152000 miles on the clock but has tons of paperwork, showing maintenance spending on a well driven car, that had been nicely looked after, clean and tidy - some cars could have low mileage cos they spend all their time in the garage! Take the advice of the guys here they are great, take your time another one will turn up if you miss out on any. Best of luck with the test too.

AllenConquest

Post by AllenConquest »

Thank you for your encouraging words. I'm trying to take a more relaxed attitude to buying, but my heart is now set on a 206cc. As an update, the dodgy HPI car is back in the frame. I spoke to the owner today and she said I should give her a week to pay off the finance, and she will contact me once it has been paid. So I'm not holding my breath, but it may turnout okay in the end. My brother gave the car a test drive and said it felt okay from a drivers point of view. It's the blue with cream leather and looks fantastic. The alloys are a bit scuffed, but I guess that is to be expected?

Allen

Thar

Post by Thar »

Did nothing come of the 07 you were looking at?

Re the "dodgy" one, personally I would steer clear (did you see what I did :mrgreen: ), they try and sell you a car that has outstanding finance, that's not a lot different to selling you a stolen car...your choice though...
Image...............

AllenConquest

Post by AllenConquest »

The 07 one was sold when I phoned up. What do you think of an 07 with 66,000 miles on the clock (ex demo car)? £4940

Regarding the one with outstanding finance. I will only consider this once Black Horse have confirmed to me that there is no longer anything outstanding. The seller has promised to pay the debt within a week. I will then call Black Horse myself to confirm everything is clear. My only outstanding concern with this car is a plate transfer that has shown up on the HPI report. It happened a month before it was sold to the current owner. Could an explanation be that the previous owner wanted to keep their plate (even though it doesn't appear to be a personalised plate)?

Thar

Post by Thar »

AllenConquest wrote:The 07 one was sold when I phoned up. What do you think of an 07 with 66,000 miles on the clock (ex demo car)? £4940
66,000...working on average mileage of 10 to 15K, that's a heck of a lot of demo'ing! They say reps cars are well looked after, services etc. and there's been less strain on the clutch for example due to the mileage being mostly "motorway" miles.

I prefer to buy cars with low mileage, my 53 has 27k on the clock, to quote GOC "some cars could have low mileage cos they spend all their time in the garage!" which is the case with mine, but it's my garage, the one attached to my house, and the car hibernates in it though the worst of the WInter.
Image...............

Thar

Post by Thar »

Not sure about the private plate thing...maybe someone had a plate that had a personal meaning, I don't know? Can you not ring DVLA to check it out?
Image...............

AllenConquest

Post by AllenConquest »

An update: I am now the proud owner of a 2005, 1.6, 206cc Allure (think they call the colour china blue), with cream leather interior, 20k miles. I'll post some pictures when I work out how to do it!

Thar

Post by Thar »

Very nice! :thumbs: I like that colour...would consider it...if...I ever replaced mine... :love:
Image...............

aaronwillis

Post by aaronwillis »

That's high milage my 04 only had 47k when I sold it
BYE BYE 206cc...........HELLO LEON CUPRA R

Thar

Post by Thar »

aaronwillis wrote:That's high milage my 04 only had 47k when I sold it
It's not really, working on an average of 10-15k a year, but many 206cc's do tend to have lower mileage as they are second cars. Mine has 27k currently on a 53 reg.
Image...............