Wind Buffer?

Other things in here.......
cheryls_greencc

Post by cheryls_greencc »

:lol2:
Hi, Im new to the site, and a new owner of a 206CC. The dealer reccommended I buy a wind buffer for it.

I just wondered if anyone had one and if its beneficial to have, and is it an eyesore? I heard its a big bit of mesh across your seats?

Thanks for any advice :thumbs:

Dan

Post by Dan »

Personally I think they look crap although a lot of people like them... Windows up does the job too if it bothers you that much ;)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Welcome to the forum Cheryl,
Wouldn't be without our wind deflector. Fits in behind front seats and covers the rear area yes. Then when you've got the roof down you flip the deflector up and it stops the buffeting. We never use the rear seats for passengers so our deflector stays in the car all the time. Saves the contents of the rear seats from prying eyes too.
Well worth the money (plenty of opportunities on eBay) and you get most of your money back when you sell it again (as long as you don't give it away with the car).
Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

cazzm

Re:

Post by cazzm »

Dan wrote:Personally I think they look crap although a lot of people like them... Windows up does the job too if it bothers you that much ;)
hi - only just bought mine so sorry if im bein duma 52 plt 2.0 all the gawjus lovely trimmins but i cant seem to put windows up if top down? :oops: :love-thx:

GrandadMonkey

Re: Wind Buffer?

Post by GrandadMonkey »

When the roof has gone down, keep your finger on the roof switch until you get the final warning chime to confirm that the roof is right down .

You should then be able to operate your windows using the window switches, otherwise there is something wrong.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)