Dutton Forshaw - Colchester Avenue Cardiff

Good or Bad in here.........
RobTuck

Post by RobTuck »

Seemed a nice place to start with, but I took my car in for a door adjustment and ventilation control problem. They fixed neither as they needed to order a part and didnt bother to tell me until I picked the car up late afternoon. Booked it in for a second visit to fix those two, plus a problem with the auto volume not staying off. They fixed the door and vent, but scuffed the dash area around the vent controls where they removed it. Didnt fix the radio, telling me that they couldnt replicate the problem.

They would also only give me a courtesy car if I agreed to a £750 excess if I damaged it. I'll borrow my mums next time!
Peugeot 206cc 1.6 Quiksilver

Jabba

Post by Jabba »

Yeah, went there last week, bit of a mixed bag. I'd booked my car in cos I'd had a bit of a bump in the snow, its ok just scratched, but I wanted someone to check my exhaust was ok etc. Booked it on the Monday, they took all my details etc, told me it would cost £40 just to look at it, took a day off work cos they said it would take a couple of hours. Turned up at reception, yep you guessed it, no record of me on the system. Wasn't happy! They asked if I could come back another day cos they were busy, I said no dont bother. The only positive was that the assessor guy overheard the conversation and said he'd take a look at it if I could wait 10 mins so I did. So I was relieved at that.

Tried phoning Dutton Forshaw Newport first, but got some clown on the phone saying quote - "Don do bodywork" even when I asked if someone could just check my exhaust, it was 'Don do exhausts' so it was - well what the f*** do you do then? apparently its just servicing - big help that is!!! Thats why I had to drive all the way to Colchester av. Never mind I'll stick to my local garage next time, it was just he was busy and couldnt check it for me. I wont be going to either dealer again if I can help it.