Underwoods - Colchester

Good or Bad in here.........
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I bought my 206cc a week today and soon after I heard rattling noise when driving over bumpy/un even roads. The exhaust is a little noisy and I learnt (from a response to my post on this site) my engine breather pipe became brittle and broke.

Eventually got it booked into Underwoods Colchester, on Auto Way a mins drive from the A12. Took it just after midnight on Friday and left key in night safe of there neighbouring Underwoods Mazda as instructed. They were going to look at it first thing Friday, got a call yesterday (Fri) about 4:30pm them sincerly apologising. They said the key was passed on in the morning but they forgot to go over and pick it up to look at the car.:popping::popping:

He asked how quick I wanted the car, I said as soon as, they going to look at it first thing Monday morning apparently.

Wonder if they will still expect me to pay the £42 - 30 mins diagnostic, but advised as a few issues maybe an hour be needed at £72.:sorry:

Will report back on any work they do, if any....:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Well from the date of my last post, I got my car back this morning at 11:30am.
The fitted new suspension arms and replaced the breather pipe. The drive back was very good, the rattling and clanging on bumps and lumps in roads has gone, silence, its lovely. No stalling as of yet, did pull over mid journey to put the roof down and the car re-started 1st go. The exhaust still sounds like a boy racer and will buy a new one online - Peugeot said I have to make sure the exhaust has a new Catalic con. fitted and this hopefully will last from there experience a year or so. Which is good for me as I am not in a position to splash out £830 on a genuine exhaust.

So from buying my car and only having it a few days - it was brilliant to finally feel like I owned it and the drive was brilliant!

Oh as for the point of my initiaL thread - Peugeot Underwoods, seem to of done a good job (as of now) BUT, I will think twice in using them for anything else including a service as they had my car 7 days, this for me is too long, when a friend of a friend who is a mechanic can source parts within 24hrs. The guy who spoke with me a couple of times, always seemed to mis-lay my number when I called him after waiting for him to call me and the female receptionist has a very very bad attitude and could not believe the way she spoke to me!
Last edited by Ollie on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well, it sounds as if they've done a good job on your car, it is a shame when the customer experience is spoiled by the reception one receives.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Ollie

Re: Underwoods - Colchester

Post by Ollie »

Although I said I would not go back to this deal, I booked for a full top grade service and also stated I would like to have a genuine peugeot exhaust fitted which they quoted me £830 for previously.
They emailed me saying they could not offer me a service :yikes: (I didnt ask for a FREE service), I emailed back asking what they meant but over a week later heard nothing back :rotfl:

I wont be wasting my time with this dealer COLCHESTER - UNDERWOODS ever again, I may drive 100 miles over to Maidstone, heard a few say they are good!

aaronwillis

Post by aaronwillis »

Pop to Ipswich mate I know a few good garages
BYE BYE 206cc...........HELLO LEON CUPRA R

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

aaronwillis wrote:Pop to Ipswich mate I know a few good garages
Yep tried Ipswich there customer service is just as bad, they said there PC was down and could 'I' call back, I said "No" and before I had chance to say ' you call me' they said "then we cant help you" and hung up.

What economic climate? :rotfl:

aaronwillis

Post by aaronwillis »

That is bad service
BYE BYE 206cc...........HELLO LEON CUPRA R