Any recommendations in East Kent?

Good or Bad in here.........
RammyTheCat

Post by RammyTheCat »

Hi everyone.

My beloved CC (2001 1.6) is due for a 10,000 mile service and MOT soon. I was thinking of getting them done at the same time. Is there a local dealer in the Folkestone / Canterbury / Ashford / Dover area that anyone would either recommend or warn me against? (I didn't buy the car locally). Or have any East Kent based CC-ers ever had their cars serviced in France - another possibility? My nearest Peugeot main dealer is KAP Peugeot in Folkestone and I have had variable reports about them. The car seems to be running fine, done about 40k miles and no obvious problems, touch wood!

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

Rob
People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.

Emma206

Post by Emma206 »

Hello

When I lived in Kent I went to both Canterbury Motor Co and Folkestone's KAP.
I went to Canterbury for any paintwork ie painting of arches etc on a plus side it was useful for going shopping when bits were being done etc saves money parking etc! but generally thought Canterbury is dearer servicing wise.

I personally like KAP for servicing as you can view your car as its being done, the rates are reasonable and I found them generally pleasant and have to say were good at their job. One comment I will make which I found frustrating was they did the service and then told you what else needed doing when you went to collect so you had to re-book it in. What happened to the days when they rang you asking if you wanted it done?
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/smurfette.gif[/img]
Member No. 188

RammyTheCat

Post by RammyTheCat »

Thanks Emma that's really helpful.

I have two friends who have used KAP and one was very satisfied and the other not.

Rob

:)
People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.