Black 206cc for breaking? And tips?

Wanted items, again only LEGAL stuff......
206sexcee

Black 206cc for breaking? And tips?

Post by 206sexcee »

I've a black 206cc which has had only a few previous owners, but naturally it needs some love as she's getting on a little!
This was my dream car when I was in high school and I would love to restore it to how it would have been new; had I been bought one at seventeen...
So... Ideally...
To get her into a state where she's semi good looking, I need an unscratched and working fuel cap and cover, an unscratched gear knob, and a driver's seat where the airbag hasn't gone so that the covers aren't coming out of the sides of it. I'm not fussed for leather - I'll burn myself in the summer. As I need a driver's seat and don't want the car to be a mess with them all mismatched, I will need an entire set...
I also need a driver's side rear window, as the seals are so filled with rust that they've scratched this one all to h*ll. Plus there's the seals to replace... the last two I need to figure out how to do; hence the double request... for tips also???
Apparently I'm being bought a driver's visor for Christmas, so we're already getting started!
Finishing touches would include getting all the scratches and chips out of her chassis but rather than a complete overhaul I'm going to spend a good few hours doing what my husband calls 't-cutting' then painting her... though to be honest when I've done the t-cut, I can't see much of a difference! Some of these chips are as big as the rhinestones on Elvis!
Thanks for any help, advice, etc.
From Bradford, x
:love-thx:

Capncol

Re: Black 206cc for breaking? And tips?

Post by Capncol »

Sounds like a labour of love!!
Regarding changing seats, I suggest you look through our forum for airbag problems. If you don't get the right seats, the airbag light can come on, and that is an MOT failure
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.