fuel tank wanted

Wanted items, again only LEGAL stuff......
Tisha

fuel tank wanted

Post by Tisha »

Nasty vandals stuffed plastic bags into my fuel inlet and set it alight.
Fortunately damage caught in time by milkman who called fire/police. Even so, it has caused a lot of damage because the petrol fuel tank is all in one piece (206 cc Allure 2 litre). Hence I have to pay for a complete unit.
As my car is 05 reg, it will either get written off by insurers (Cat C), economical reasons or I get it repaired with a used fuel tank.
I have registered with a few online 'breakers' who have, so far, come up with 4 at prices around £60. Great BUT what do I look for???? Is there anything I should know specially? Or is a fuel tank a fuel tank??
Better still, is there anyone here with one, from a car used for 'spares', willing to sell one to me, please?
I love my car so much and just want it back!

tenpole

Re: fuel tank wanted

Post by tenpole »

Did you use that breakeryard.com to get the quotes?
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

Tisha

Post by Tisha »

Yes, I registered with 2 online search sites (1st quotes and 24/7). A breakers yard in Manchester called me and said they had one and could tell me the exact car it came from. Bought it, arrived in 2 days and my garage is fitting it now!
I was worried, as it only cost me £45 total, but she said that fuel tanks are rarely replaced and this one would be scrapped if no-one wanted it!
Not as difficult as I expected it to be, especially as I know next to nothing about engines/mechanical parts.
Thank you for reading my plea!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done Tisha. Let's hope you suffer no more vandalism.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

well done.
We had this car that we used as a runaround for playing on the mudflats. The fuel tank got ripped off while offroading so we had a pipe going to the boot into a fuel can. When it ran out we left the car where it was and fetched the fuel can in the boot and get it filled up the next day.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)