RE: Seals-Rear Tail-Light Cluster

ONLY legal items, nothing dodgy.
kenzo

RE: Seals-Rear Tail-Light Cluster

Post by kenzo »

Does anyone have a decent seal/gasket for the tail-light unit for sale, please? It's the sponge rubber seal that goes between the light unit and the body to stop water getting into the boot. When I changed out the stoplight bulb on Mrs Kenzo's "53"-reg 206CC, the seal was gonzo. Peugeot tells me that I can only get a new seal if I buy a whole new light unit at £50 plus VAT. A seal for my old Corsa "C" costs £4...unfortunately there's a big difference between the Corsa and the 206 seals so I can't do the swap.

What does everyone else do when a new seal is needed? Has anyone fabricated a replacement from foam carpet underlay, or similar?

Any help very much appreciated.
Ken

Capncol

Re: RE: Seals-Rear Tail-Light Cluster

Post by Capncol »

Send a PM to Enright on here. He was breaking a 'CC. If you decide to make one, it has to be closed cell foam or you will make matters worse- So carpet underlay is out I would think
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

If Enright can't help, try emailing the people breaking 206s on fleabay ... I bet there are a lot just lying around.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

kenzo

Post by kenzo »

Thank you Capncol and Gazza. Good suggestions there. I may try buying a sheet of closed-cell foam off ebay and cutting out a copy using what's left of the original as the template.
I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Thanks again.....
Kenzo