Roof ECU/Microswitches/Relays

ONLY legal items, nothing dodgy.
WEE SMURF

Roof ECU/Microswitches/Relays

Post by WEE SMURF »

Hi Folks, being a Honda technician I have good contacts in the motor trade and due to a recent job I had with a faulty roof on the Wifes CC I have a collection of parts which I can pass on to board members at well below trade price, basically all im after is what they cost me.
To begin with the roof was not working at all and after checking all the basic stuff I went and got all the bits I thought were likely suspects, so to cut a long story short I finally tracked the problem down to the front R/H pillar microswitch, after replacing it and the roof being back to full working order I proceeded to test all the parts leftover one by one which I have pictured and each part is guaranteed working, and yes this did take a wee while! :) .
I have every single microswitch.
2 sets of Relays
2 roof ECU's, one is 2001,one is 2004, both worked in a 2002 model.

Single micro switch £10
The set of 3 switches on the same loom £15
1 set of relays £5
1 roof ECU £20
1 Roof open/close switch £12
Postage wont be any more than £2 per item or you can pick up if local to Fife.
Also if required I can fit any of these parts, I would not charge for fitting as none of them singly would take any more than 5 minutes.
Many thanks.

Last edited by WEE SMURF on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

InkyAl

Re: Roof ECU/Microswitches/Relays

Post by InkyAl »

I am working on my roof this weekend but have a strong suspicion that the micro switch in the passenger side windscreen top (behind the catch closing bit) is broken... Is that one that you have?
Inky Al

206cc 1.6l 2002 in moonstone. (For fun, work, everything!)

Enright

Post by Enright »

Al, one of those WILL be the micro-switch, but beware it's less likely to be the actual micro-switch itself that breaks than the little black plastic leg that operates it, and comes as part of the complete striker mechanism (in the eBay link that I sent you). Once you get it off the car you'll see what I mean. Either a plastic bit will fall on you as it comes out, or you may need to take the one off from the driver's side to compare a good one with a broken one.
However if it's just a sticky micro-switch, because they're sealed units there's every chance that just clicking yours a few times will get it working again without you having to buy anything.
Wait until you have the part out before you get anything.

Smurf, put the roof button on eBay - you'll probably get £30 for it alone!
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Hi Folks,
Yes I have the front upper left, but as Enright says, take it out and check it first, the leg that operates the switch is actually metal, they can drop out easily, if you don't have a multimeter here is a way you can test it , with a small bulb, an indicator bulb with the holder and two wires coming of it is ideal, you can get them aplenty in a scrap yard (and its a handy thing for all manner of stuff!) you also need 1 piece of wire on its own, you want to put a small female connector on 1 side of the bulb wiring, and the same on 1 end of the single wire, plug both into the microswitch making sure they are not touching each other, take the other two loose ends and connect to + and - on a battery, press the microswitch and the bulb will flash if it is in good working order,this wont damage the microswitch providing its a 12v battery, there is nothing inside the microswitch other than 2 metal contacts, been there done it :)

Regarding the open/close switch, I know all those bits would make more on ebay but like I said I would rather help forum members out than make a small profit on them.

HTH, Jamie. (WEE SMURFS other half :D )

InkyAl

Post by InkyAl »

Hi Jamie

I have taken out the micro switch and although the blue pointy bit goes in and out and the metal bit is still on it isn't clicking like the one on the other side so I assume it is broken,

So.........I need the passenger side windscreen striker plate micro switch. Do you still have one?

Thanks
Inky Al

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Yep still have that one mate, I actually have both sides x 2. sent you a pm.

InkyAl

Post by InkyAl »

My roof works!!!!!! Thank you so much for the part. Brilliant!
Inky Al

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

InkyAl wrote:My roof works!!!!!! Thank you so much for the part. Brilliant!
Excellent news Al, glad it has solved the problem for you, Happy days :Yes:

I still have both sides roof clasp switches as well as a pile of other parts if anyone needs them, Next day Recorded Delivery as well. :)

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Still got a few of these left folks.

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Hi Folks, I have an abundance of CC parts clogging up my garage space now, any parts needed send me a PM I may well have it!, cheap and cheerful prices to clear, no body panels now but plenty other stuff inc coil packs, sensors of all kinds, clocks, calipers, windows, window motors etc etc. :thumbs:

Ashbash12

Post by Ashbash12 »

Hi Wee Smurf. Do you happen to still have the set of Three Switches on the one loom?

Cheers Ash

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Ashbash12 wrote:Hi Wee Smurf. Do you happen to still have the set of Three Switches on the one loom?

Cheers Ash
Yep I have both types, the one pictured and the type that has a small circuit board, both in good working order.

Ashbash12

Post by Ashbash12 »

Hi mate thanks for the reply, I'd like the one pictured (I'm sure you know the bottom right one in pic) so how much for it and how do I pay you for it?

Cheers Ash

Ashbash12

Post by Ashbash12 »

Hi mate, Admin won't let me PM you (newbie) but that's fine give me PayPal details and I'll sort from there.

Cheers Ash

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Ashbash12 wrote:Hi mate, Admin won't let me PM you (newbie) but that's fine give me PayPal details and I'll sort from there.

Cheers Ash
Sent you PM Ash.