1st Service

Anything related to the 206CC
Sara

Post by Sara »

I'm taking my baby in for her 1st service today, begrudgingly I have to take it to Peugeot when my folks have a garage. The guy on the service desk asked if I was waiting as it only take 1/2 an hour. Does a peugeot monkey have time to lift the bonnet in half an hour. It's the quicket service I have ever seen and people seem to think dealers are the best !!!

Sara

mellers

Post by mellers »

hi sara,
i think its just a fluid level and leaks check on the first service so shouldn't take very long. While we are on the subject my friend has a Alfa which if he takes it for service at the local main dealer he can't tell it's even been serviced but if he takes it to the small private garage it comes back running better, better brakes etc. NOW THAT IS DISGRACEFUL.
Shifting tack a bit:
It has always seemed to me that main dealers don't need to worry about the quality too much because people are forced to take their cars there to comply with warranty etc.
Therefore guaranteeing custom.
HOWEVER A small / privately run
garage has to rely on its reputation so therefore has a lot more interest in the quality of their work.
OOOPS SORRY TO GO ON! it's just how i feel :???:

Sara

Post by Sara »

That very true, my parents have had a garage for nearly 20 years, I think I'm better than average with a lot of things. A couple of years ago I smashed a hole in the sump of my husbands company car going down a very bad track. I pulled off the road and could see water pouring out. called the AA, explained what happed happened and made sure he didn't start the car. I put a huge note on the dash so the garage wouldn't try to start is back in Manchester. The inusrance advisor tried to say we had to pay for a new engine as I had done so much damage by continuing to drive the car. Needless to say we did not pay for anything.

Sara

Rachel.

Post by Rachel. »

I was told it would take half an hour too, by the time I'd also got them fixing my squeaky brakes and stalling problem I think I was there for a couple of hours or so. Not sure what the standard 6,000 mile check does entail but they certainly topped my oil up.

mikeya

Post by mikeya »

Out of interest and perhaps going off at atnagent here, has anyone been made to pay for the 'free' service? I did, as they said that Dixons preperation centre (Direct Line / Jamjar) was not a recognsed Peugeot dealer!

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Blimey, mine's an import and I didn't pay! Thanks CHARTERS OF CAMBERLEY (plug :grin:)
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=204]Owner 204[/url]

Rich

Post by Rich »

Mikeya,
Get back on to the garage/JamJar/Peugeot you definitely shouldn't of paid for your 1st service. Thou it doesn't make a difference but Dixons is a recognised dealer or they wouldn't have a link from the Peugeot web Site to them ?

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/dealer_site/st ... code=15145
Rgds

Rich :smile: