Servicing Question

Anything related to the 206CC
Lady Python

Servicing Question

Post by Lady Python »

First, I hope everyone is well and coping with the lockdown.

I have a strange question about the countdown to servicing. My car has been counting down 50 miles every time I start her up. For example two days ago it was reading 500 miles until service. Today it was 450 miles and the little spanner is showing by the mileometer. I drove 2 miles to the supermarket and back so nowhere near 50 miles.

Should it be doing this and if not, how can I reset it so it doesn't do this? I will have to get her serviced in the not too distant future but that might prove difficult under the current circumstances. The last thing I need is the car not to start as I rely on it to get the shopping - my son is classed as High Risk due to his having a kidney transplant and I'm not as young and fit as I used to be.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

gazza82

Re: Servicing Question

Post by gazza82 »

I'd need to read the handbook (which is in the 206 and not accessible at the moment) but it can be reset by holding one of the dash buttons down - I'd need the manual to remind me which one but I think the left) and turning on the ignition I think. It then counts down for 10 secs ... then you can release the button
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Most small independent garages around here are still open for servicing and repairs .. especially key workers and the more vulnerable. Some even pickup and return to enable social distancing!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Lady Python

Post by Lady Python »

gazza82 wrote:I'd need to read the handbook (which is in the 206 and not accessible at the moment) but it can be reset by holding one of the dash buttons down - I'd need the manual to remind me which one but I think the left) and turning on the ignition I think. It then counts down for 10 secs ... then you can release the button
Brilliant. Thank you. I just looked up the handbook and it is the right hand button on the dash. I'll give that a try tomorrow. To be honest, I didn't think something like that would be in the owners handbook.

She'll still need servicing soon but I think it'll be when the garage I use can fit her in.

I'll let you know later if it works :)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

My 2002 206 does that same .. the servicing mileage has no relation to the actual mileage I cover ..

I think I read once that the BSI needs an update but with the price Peugeot charge, I'll live with the hassle!

IanL

Post by IanL »

Since the "wear and tear" on the engine oil arises mainly from starting from cold, and less from mileage, that behaviour is not unreasonable. Btw, I have never heard of a car failing to start because the servicing notification was ignored - what made you think it would?

Lady Python

Post by Lady Python »

IanL wrote:Since the "wear and tear" on the engine oil arises mainly from starting from cold, and less from mileage, that behaviour is not unreasonable. Btw, I have never heard of a car failing to start because the servicing notification was ignored - what made you think it would?
Can't remember who told me that or maybe I misheard :rotfl:

Lady Python

Post by Lady Python »

gazza82 wrote:I'd need to read the handbook (which is in the 206 and not accessible at the moment) but it can be reset by holding one of the dash buttons down - I'd need the manual to remind me which one but I think the left) and turning on the ignition I think. It then counts down for 10 secs ... then you can release the button
That worked like a charm. The car is no longer nagging me :big-grin:

Still promised her a full service as soon as I can - otherwise she'll start sulking :lol:

Thank you for your help. It's great to know if I have a question, there are people ready to help.

Stay well everyone.