Tweeter replacement

Anything related to the 206CC
rafael.torner

Tweeter replacement

Post by rafael.torner »

Hello! I'm updating my 04 206cc's speaker system and I'm wondering if the front tweeters can be changed? I've actually never heard mine (maybe I haven't noticed), but I'd like to change them if possible. Any information on the type of speaker and adapters (if needed) would be appreciated.

Here's a picture of one of the 15yo original rear speakers, and the modest new JVC speaker that went in.

Thank you!

MartinMax

Re: Tweeter replacement

Post by MartinMax »

The tweeters can be replaced but it will require some changes to the top of the trim.
I installed Alpine tweeters that are a little wider than the original tweeters so I drilled out the holes with a circular saw. This removed the fixture for the old tweeters altogether.
Depending on the type of tweeter you can keep the existing wiring between the bass speaker and the tweeter.

On the other hand, your new speakers already have the coaxial tweeters so you can leave the top tweeters as they are. Only have in mind that having the tweeters down by your feet will not produce a nice sound stage as having them up-top.
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...