What is the bar underneath the car

Anything related to the 206CC
Sherbert1977

What is the bar underneath the car

Post by Sherbert1977 »

What are these bars called underneath the car. One has rusted and snapped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IanL

Re: What is the bar underneath the car

Post by IanL »

I understand they provide rigidity removed from the bodyshell by the absence of a fixed roof. They are essential for safety, and your problem will certainly cause an MOT failure.

As far as I can see in the parts section of the Service Box, they are not available as spares from Peugeot, so you will need to get it repaired or a new one made up.

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

In Service box Bodywork -> Rear Section -> Rear floor -> Rear floor skirt and panel.

The bar is part number 7213-HJ (Box reinforcement AR)
the bolts are pn. 7213-KN (Screw RLX diam 10x150 - 20)

Driving the car without these IS VERY DANGEROUS as it might snap in half with roof down or put extra pressure on the roof when roof closed.
I took the information according to my car (2001 2.0i model) but body parts should not have changed much.
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...

IanL

Post by IanL »

Oh, yeah, well spotted MM. Mine is a 2005 and the bars are the same part, but the bolts are 7213 KS

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Those screws are notorious for rusting up and then the heads get chewed up ... torx heads. They may need to be drilled out.

So has the bar snapped or the mounting screws?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo