No wheel nut key please help!

Anything related to the 206CC
soniafrance

No wheel nut key please help!

Post by soniafrance »

Hi All

I am in France and went to get new front tyres fitted today, i ordered the Goodyear F1 that are the original tyres I think as they are written on inside of door, when i arrived I realise I have no key for the locking nuts! They would not try to get them off so no I am at home with two tyres!! the local garage said it takes a long time to get them off 1 hour for 2 wheels and thats 40 euros at least.. i called Peugeot and they said I have to go there and a new key is 80 euros, please can anyone suggest the best option?
206 CC 2.0l 2003

IanL

Re: No wheel nut key please help!

Post by IanL »

Did you look in the "tool box" normally stowed in the boot - it should be in that.

If that's no good, I think you will have to pay the 40 euros. But that will still leave the rear wheels locked - so maybe 80 euros for a new key is not so bad.

soniafrance

Post by soniafrance »

There does not seem to be a tool box in the boot...
206 CC 2.0l 2003

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Can you post a photo of the bolt? You might have to send it to me via pm
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

soniafrance

Post by soniafrance »

thank you, how do I send the photo please?
206 CC 2.0l 2003

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

soniafrance wrote:thank you, how do I send the photo please?
If you click on my name on the left, there opens up another page, and one of the options is "Send PM"
You can't post photos on here until you have made a certain number of posts (10 I think)
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

soniafrance

Post by soniafrance »

Thanks, I took some pics, but it's a bit urgent so they arethe same as this on Google images

https://www.google.com/search?q=peugeot ... nLnKI3872M
206 CC 2.0l 2003

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

That link is no good Sonia as it is too generic. I think Col was trying to ascertain the exact pattern of the locking wheel nut to see if he had the corresponding key.

When my daughter had a similar problem with her 207 wheel nuts I removed them by hammering on an undersize socket to remove them. It took me several hours and ruined a few sockets. I replaced the locking wheel bolts with ordinary hexagon wheel bolts for the car.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

soniafrance wrote:Thanks, I took some pics, but it's a bit urgent so they arethe same as this on Google images

https://www.google.com/search?q=peugeot ... nLnKI3872M

If it's urgent, go with the tyre fitters offer .. but get four extra normal wheel bolts as the locking ones will be fit for the bin
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

soniafrance

Post by soniafrance »

Ok, thanks for all the help every one. Now I am thinking of splashing out on another 2 Goodyear eagles as the 2 new ones I have here waiting to be fitted look so much better than the 2on the back. I also think that having 4 new ones all fitted at the same time is better otherwise it will be the same thing when the back ones need doing. Thanks again everyone this site is great :)
206 CC 2.0l 2003

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Actually if you are only fitting 2 new tyres, the new tyres should go on the rear ... so they should come off too.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo