information required

Anything related to the 206CC
micky1

information required

Post by micky1 »

hi guys I bought a 2002 206cc convertible accident damage bumper bonnet the air bags didn't deploy though but the airbag light is on put a code reader on it but comes up saying no code any information on how to put it out would be very appreciated thanks micky1.

IanL

Re: information required

Post by IanL »

It probably needs to be read (and perhaps reset) by a Peugeot-specific tool such as Peugeot Planet 2000.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Snap on, launch. Delphi will all read it.

You may have damaged a crash sensor
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

micky1

Post by micky1 »

thanks guys could anyone recommend a code reader that doesn't cost a fortune and will reset the airbag light on dash thanks and can any one tell me where the sensors are thanks again.micky1

IanL

Post by IanL »

If you have a windows laptop, you can get a Planet/Diagbox setup for about £50 on eBay. Search for "Lexia 3". Other third-party professional tools which cater for Peugeot-specific codes are much more.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Sealey did a Peugeot/Citroen specific code reader. You might find one on ebay as they are no longer made but were £200 new
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

micky1

Post by micky1 »

thanks guys for your info.micky1.

rhume

Post by rhume »

Bought a cable and copy of pug planet off someone on Ebay. Loaded it on old XP laptop and helped me sort out my airbag problems and ABS problems. Also was useful on my other Peugeot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

micky1

Post by micky1 »

hi guys I have been looking on ebay for diagbox they all say windows xp or 7 will it work on windows 8.1 as this is what I am on.thanks

IanL

Post by IanL »

It will work on Windows XP to 10, but ONLY 32-bit. Most Windows 8 & 10 are 64-bit, and Planet will not work at all, and Diagbox unreliably on 64-bit, so best not to try.

Work arounds:

Install VMWare Player Workstation (free for non-commercial use) and into that a copy of win XP SP3 32-bit. Into that goes Planet or (not both) Diagbox.

Get an old 32-bit laptop.

Install a 32-bit windows (say XP) as a dual boot if you have enough HDD space. I'm not sure how easy this is - I've done it the other way (64-bit onto original 32-bit) and that was ok. If you want to do this, I recommend Easy BCD.

micky1

Post by micky1 »

thanks guys will look for 32 bit laptop. thanks for your help

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Won't clear the fault unless fault is fixed.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.