2.0 cc gearbox removal

Anything related to the 206CC
patrickblue

2.0 cc gearbox removal

Post by patrickblue »

Not sure if anyone will have come across this, but I'm struggling rather badly with removing a BE gearbox on a 2005 2.0 cc. It's my wife's car, and the clutch release bearing is shot. I was a trained mechanic back in the day, so am generally au fait with auto mechanics, though not experienced with the vehicle in question.
Also, the link to the guide on this site is not working.
The problem is that all the work has been done to remove the box, but it's not budging, as if it's still got a bolt in. I've taken 7 bolts out between engine and box, plus 3 starter bolts, and cannot see any more.
The only other thing is that the haynes manual says you should remove the engine rear mount bracket (from mount to subframe), but I cant see why, as it's nowhere near the transmission.
I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's stopping it moving unless it's seized on the dowels.
Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Capncol

Re: 2.0 cc gearbox removal

Post by Capncol »

Release bearing may be jammed in clutch diaphragm. Had this before. The rel brg cuts through the diaphragm fingers. The tell tale is clutch drag while trying to select a gear
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

patrickblue

Re: 2.0 cc gearbox removal

Post by patrickblue »

Thanks for your help Col.
As it is, it's not the bearing stuck in the diaphragm, but another bolt hiding just under the RH driveshaft housing, which I missed seeing multiple times.
So if anyone has the same problem, there's eight bolts plus the three starter bolts to come out, not seven.