Error on dashboard after replacing solenoids

Anything related to the 206CC
gpktm

Error on dashboard after replacing solenoids

Post by gpktm »

I have just replaced the solenoids in a Peugeot 206cc 1.6L with automatic transmission AL4, after testing the car, only goes into reverse gear, all the other lever positions (D, N, Manual) giving an error indication on the dashboard with the "snow" and "sport" mode flashing and a continuous buzzing sound heard (more likely from the solenoids).

Video here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSP_gnDqRk

IanL

Re: Error on dashboard after replacing solenoids

Post by IanL »

I can think of three things:

Check the connectors into the AT ECU. Are all the contacts clean and bright and not distorted? Try a spray of contact cleaner in the plugs and sockets.

If the original solenoids were the 50hz type, and the new ones the 100Hz type, the AT ECU software needs to be updated, but I'm not sure that your symptoms would be caused by that.

For further investigation, Peugeot Planet Diagnostic system is essential. An ordinary OBD reader will not do the job. If you don't have Planet, try here.

gpktm

Post by gpktm »

These are the solenoids I got out of the valve body. Can you tell the frequency by the photo or the external looks doesn't matter?

If the AT ECU is the one in the picture, then I didn't touch that at all.

During the time of the video, the car sits on ramps with its front wheels. Is it an angle of about 20 degrees. That's why you see the diagnostics showing engine level about half full. You reckon that might confuse the AT ECU?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IanL

Post by IanL »

All I know is that the 100Hz solenoids are made by Borg-Warner, but the 50Hz are not. No idea about appearance.

You may not have touched the ECU, but its still worth a spray.

The incline may have an effect. I would put the car on a level, give it some time to settle, and try again.

gpktm

Post by gpktm »

OK thanks IanL.

I will try one by one the solutions and report back.