Queries about gear slector lever?

Anything related to the 206CC
gpktm

Queries about gear slector lever?

Post by gpktm »

Hi all

I have just changed the solenoid valves in the AL4 transmission. I am about to screw back the hydraulic block, before tightening everything I would like to confirm what is the tightening torque of the selector lever. (Yellow Arrow)

I've found the torque of the hydraulic block screws which is 0.8da.Nm but I am not sure if it is the same for the selector lever.

The second question about the selector lever is: Does it need to be in a certain location apart from being inside the small notch? (Red Arrow)

The third question is: At the end of the instructions it says "Ensure that the gear selector lever functions correctly in all the positions". How do I check that? Do I need to change the gear lever from inside the car while the valve body is still visible or to assemble everything and trying to move the car?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gpktm

Re: Queries about gear selector lever?

Post by gpktm »

I've found another website indicating testing of the shift lever but I still don't understand how to do the testing. Anyone?

https://www.autotranstech.ru/techInfo/5091/

IanL

Re: Queries about gear slector lever?

Post by IanL »

MY Service Box instructions include

"Place the roller "e" of the blade (15) in the notch position 2 of the notched section (16)."

Is that what you have, or does it throw any more light on the question?

gpktm

Post by gpktm »

IanL wrote:MY Service Box instructions include

"Place the roller "e" of the blade (15) in the notch position 2 of the notched section (16)."

Is that what you have, or does it throw any more light on the question?
I have done that. What I need to know is how do I test that the gearshift lever operates correctly in all the positions. Do I just push the gear lever hard? Because it feels too stiff when the key in the ignition is not turned on. I don't want to damage something and then make things worse, that's the only reason why I'm asking.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I agree that you should not force it - something is amiss.

I have just checked what mine does. With the ignition off or on, it moves freely between R, N and D. If put into P, it locks, and requires the ignition on and the brake pedal pressed to unlock.

Perhaps the locking mechanism is not correctly released? Maybe you should try pressing the brake pedal with the ignition on?