Wheel stud covers

Anything related to the 206CC
Fihen

Wheel stud covers

Post by Fihen »

Hi all just just purchased four 16inch pug wheels for my 206cc. The car originally had 15 inch wheels. I have noticed that the wheel stud covers from my 15inch wheels dont seem to suit the 16 inch wheels. They protrude too much. It looks ugly and before I purchsse new stud covers does anyone know if the stud covers are unique to the wheel size. No one here can tell me and as I already have a set from the original wheels I don't want to buy anotger set if they are the same. This is all long winded but I have done my best to explain my quandry

gazza82

Re: Wheel stud covers

Post by gazza82 »

Were your old wheels alloy with bolts with the built in flat washer?
wheel_bolts.jpg
If not you may need to change the bolts too as the taper seats are the wrong shape and will break through the new wheels.

There are two bolts sizes: 17mm and 19mm (the head size). For 16" rims I would use the 19mm bolts as they look a better fit in the wheel bolt holes.
wheel_bolt.jpg
I bought a pack of chrome caps from fleabay for ours and most of the caps were loose. Didn't bother to fit them ...

You can get chromed bolts but I can't vouch for the quality .. and how quickly they rust!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Thank you. The bolts look like your first pic but I am going to check now just to be sure.
Again thank you

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

I can safely report that the bolts are 57mm long with the head measuring 17mm they are identical to your second pic. So all good there.