Special Edition??

Anything related to the 206CC
nilobinha

Special Edition??

Post by nilobinha »

So, a friend of mine, keeps insisting with me that the Peugeot 206 cc with black and red leather seats are special edition. He says he has friends interested in my car as the says it's special edition and he has been looking for the same car for ages now.
My reply was to laugh, and say that my little baby is not for sale.
So, was wondering on what your opinions are? Just for laugh :rotfl: :rotfl: :hyper:

Silver Peugeot 206 cc
Manual
Petrol.

gazza82

Re: Special Edition??

Post by gazza82 »

IIRC it was just an extra cost option .. there were no real special editions of CC ... started with S and SE (which both had cloth seats as standard) then they had the Allure. I think most of the "specials" were in the hatchback range.

Occasionally a dealer would add a few extras to get them off the forecourt and towards the end of their life, Peugeot would do the same at the factory to try to get rid of stock ..

Problem you have now is they have been around for a while and a lot of part-swapping has already taken place!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

The only 'special edition' of the CC that i'm aware of is the Roland Garros special edition. These came (as far as i know) in either a silver colour with a tan leather interior or a dark metallic green (similar to British racing green) with a green and tan leather interior. Other than the seats having the Roland Garros embroidery, they were identical to any other CC, being able to be specced with heated seats, cruise etc etc. They also came in both the 1.6 and 2.0 petrol engines only, again as far as I know.

So no, i don't think yours is a special edition as such, but if its special to you (and it certainly sounds like it :D) then that's fantastic!

The Roland Garros cars carry no real price premium over the 'standard' cars in any case.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I have the black and red leather, and it is described in the Service Box Characteristics as "L005 "C2" LEATHER" - no mention of any Special Edition.

nilobinha

Post by nilobinha »

Thank you for the feedback, and yes just as I though, just because it's black and red leather, doesn't mean it's special edition.
It is however very special to me indeed, like I normally say I'm not sharing (other than giving a lift to a friend) or selling for any price. :lol: :lol: it's mine mine and just mine :D

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

I couldn't agree more!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.