What did you do to your CC today?!

Anything related to the 206CC
Slo

Re: What did you do to your CC today?!

Post by Slo »

Pushed in onto the garden as its sorned,breaking for spares now and god rest the pile of shite, its developed so many faults since christmas that kept random starting to work again like the horn, abs faults, alarm, responce to the keyfob (but always turned the alarm off when it sounded though), central locking and finally forever running fuel pump and ticking engine fusebox forcing me to disconnect the battery whenever it wasn't in use or face a flat battery and before anyone says battery this or battery that it spun over and over for ages and eventually I drove it into the garden on the starter and its still got loads of life left in it, at one point it did pop up with immobiliser fault on the mfd. PP2k reported disconnected data cable between the dashboard and bsi but i've had a good look and nothing looks out of place.

I've cleared all the codes and now it reports nothing is wrong however its not even trying to start.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Sorry to hear that Slo. If you are seriously breaking it there's a few parts that I would be interested in.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Slo

Post by Slo »

Sure the car is located in worksop notts, it's got the 2 litre (137 bhp) gti engine as standard just wont start, cream leather interior, roof works perfect, it has fog lights, tires are like new all round
DSC_0083.jpg
Right i've had the pump out, its not working with direct power to it and its gone super hot cant touch it and the tank is completely empty so there's a good chance that when i was trying to start it the pump got hot and possibly has boiled the fuel away? Is that possible? Not only that the guage is staying at quarter tank even with the pump plugged in and me moving the sender float.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

Changed the battery, passed it through a technical checkup, got the new license plates mounted (finally changed to my hometown).

On to the washer service, it's about time to get it washed.
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Well here I go. I replaced the ancillary drive belttensioner pulley. What a job that was a simple thing but in a very tight spot and while I was at it put a new belt on. Unfortunately the old belt was in good condition but I had already purchased the new one. Next time no assumptions check before spending money.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I would replace the belt on principle. Murphy's Law says that, if you don't, it will go in the next 3 months :thumbs:

Slo

Post by Slo »

Got a flat tire on my new motor, unbeknown to me iv'e inherited bloody locking wheels nuts on it too and as per usual no key, after a couple of minutes of some harsh driving with the rest of the wheel nuts removed it was still solid.
37218031_10157665858567222_2397236859550826496_n.jpg
Introduced it to my 10lb sledge hammer, suffice to say it came off a treat, and its still round.

Will have to think of an alternative method for removing the other 3 at the weekend as I despise the things
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Hi all. I removed the power steering pump from my 2002 1.6. Looking at the workshop manual a simple enough job just three bolts. Simple for some but not so. Two of the bolts (behind pulley) are allen key jobs and the other bolt is under the heat shield. The leak I discovered was from the return line where it slides onto the pump.

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Hi all
I finally managed to sort out all my fault codes and was able to drive my car on the road for the first time. An amazing car just love it. However, all is not sweet smelling roses because I ran into a kangaroo or rather he ran into me, when driving home from work. Result smashed headlight and right front fender as well as a large dent in the bonnet. The roo took one look at me, got up and hopped away. All I can say is bugger. The car is off the road awaiting repairs once again.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Commiserations. Can you get roo bars for a 206CC?

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Hi all, my poor car looks terrible but at least I have straightened out the damage caused by the roo although I am not a panel beater by any stretch of the imagination. At least the panel fits now but is too lumpy to remain so have ordered a new one. The headlight is another story. I hope to have a new one sometime next week and then can hit the road once again.

Fihen

Post by Fihen »

Ianl I am persuing that train of thought and have lodged inquiries with the appropriate manufacturers.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Fitted shiny new Group N gear linkages to try and get rid of my on-going issues in that area. Ordered a new, lighter battery ready for the winter. Trying to stop myself selling it in frustration!!!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

Installed buttons to hold the floor mats in place 5$ from ebay. Now the floormat no longer gets in the way of the clutch pedal.
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...