Worth the money/hazzle?

Anything related to the 206CC
Capncol

Re: Worth the money/hazzle?

Post by Capncol »

Think the exhaust will most likely cause the P0420.
Despite what people say, a good quality code reader will have no problems reading Peugeot EOBD codes. Planet is really only needed for peugeot specific problems such as the roof. I have several code readers, and use these in preference to PP2000 which I also have.
A hand held is quicker and easier to use.

I don't understand what you mean by
Fault indicator, motor electronics. (warning about fault in system)
Could you elaborate please
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Capncol wrote: a good quality code reader will have no problems reading Peugeot EOBD codes
That's the key point right there. From looking around a good quality reader isn't cheap either. The ones I was talking about are the cheap 10 quid ebay jobs, which as far as I know, won't read all the codes.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

My Sealey Peugeot-specific one cost over £200!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

DankDeathPunch

Post by DankDeathPunch »

Capncol wrote:Think the exhaust will most likely cause the P0420.
Despite what people say, a good quality code reader will have no problems reading Peugeot EOBD codes. Planet is really only needed for peugeot specific problems such as the roof. I have several code readers, and use these in preference to PP2000 which I also have.
A hand held is quicker and easier to use.

I don't understand what you mean by
Fault indicator, motor electronics. (warning about fault in system)
Could you elaborate please
Hopefully that is the case.
I was thinking about a cheap 30£ bluetooth OBD2 adapter, just so i can reset the faults after i for example weld the exhaust.

Unfortunately i can't elaborate further... I just read from the paper we got after the last inspection and translated it as best i could...

But from what i understand there is a issue with the electronics in the engine bay.

I can only presume it is my fathers quick fix to get the right hand side headlight working.
(pulled a wire from the left headlight connector through the engine bay to the right headlight connector.)

DankDeathPunch

Post by DankDeathPunch »

Just wanted to update everyone.

After changing the last bit of muffler and using the cheap OBD2 reader i got rid of the faults.
No more P0420 and no more "anti pollution fault" on the display.

Other than that a quick change of the corroded brakelines and a full service seems to have been sufficient for the car, so hopefully it will go past the MOT with flying colors.

Regarding the boot switch and the crack in the window, i'll just have to live with it for now.

All in all it cost me roughly 250 pounds to get it fixed.

Thanks for all the help!

IanL

Post by IanL »

Good news!

My guess is the "motor electronics" fault indication on the garages analyser was just the equivalent of the anti-pollution fault summary. Just calls attention to the detail.

DankDeathPunch

Post by DankDeathPunch »

Hopefully! Strangely enough it was nothing that popped up on my OBD2 reader software, but i have heard that if you don't have any error lights lighting up on the dashboard they wont connect their OBD reader anymore (in sweden). So hopefully it wont be a issue anyways since there is no light specific for the motor electronics

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Result! Enjoy your new car... catch the last few sunny days and get that roof down!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Good result
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.