Jacking onto axle stands

Anything related to the 206CC
Rubyoptics

Jacking onto axle stands

Post by Rubyoptics »

Just a quick one. I saw the illustration on here for jacking the car onto axle stands. The illustration says to use a crossmember on the sill and to locate it as close as possible to the jacking point.

(http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-20 ... ak0vk3.htm)

Sorry for the stupid question but can i use a piece of timber with a groove cut into it to accept the lower sill for this 'crossmember'?
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Re: Jacking onto axle stands

Post by Capncol »

yes
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Thought so, but wanted to double check before doing something terrible!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

To be honest I jack up on the subframe mounts direct
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Sorry for being a pain in the arse Col, but any chance you could give me a picture showing where you are taking about?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Try and do it tomorrow
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

You are, as they say, a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks so much.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Not forgotten, just been very busy
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Absolutely no problem at all. You are the one doing me the favour, so as and when is convenient for you!

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Thank you so much Col. I really appreciate your time and effort in making this so clear for me. If i'm ever in your area, I owe you a nice cold pint or several!