Driver Window Motor Replacement

Anything related to the 206CC
batcommander

Driver Window Motor Replacement

Post by batcommander »

Hello, I'm new in the forum and I recently bought a 2002 1.6 CC, I'm from Central America so the spares here for this car are really scarce.

I had some problem with the rear windows and I tried to check what the problem was, the cables of the elevating mechanism were tangled, so I proceded to disconnect the motor of the rear driver window. When I finnished and connected the motor, I leave the mechanism without the cables, If I push the window switch, I can only hear the rear motor spinning but not pass to elevate the front window.

My mechanic checked the front window motor and looks like it's damaged so I need a replacement, I was wondering if I can use the motor of a 206 RC or if other model have a similar motor that can work.

Thanks and best regards.

Capncol

Re: Driver Window Motor Replacement

Post by Capncol »

The doors are different on the CC compared to other 206 models. You would think the motors would be the same though, but knowing French cars, probably not.
Can you take the faulty motor off and go to a breakers yard and compare? A lot of Citroens share components with Peugeot, so worth looking at those too
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

IanL

Post by IanL »

New cables available here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-206C ... 2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-206C ... 2749.l2649

You can't tell from the Peugeot parts list whether the motors are the same, as they are supplied new complete with the lifting gear, which is different. You would have to compare them. And even if they look the same, the gearing could be different.

There are plenty of used ones for the 206cc on ebay.co.uk.

batcommander

Post by batcommander »

Dear Capncol and IanL, thanks for your answers, I have already bought the repair kits for the rear windows in Amazon but thanks for the advice.

Regarding the front window motor, taking on count your advices, I will try to buy a used motor from a CC, I think that the time and money I will expend looking for an equivalent would be the same or more than buying directly the right one. Thanks and best regards.