Please Help

Anything related to the 206CC
JACO

Please Help

Post by JACO »

I have a 2006 model 206cc that broke one tooth on final gear.

I manage to source a replacement gearbox but decided to replace all bearings before fitment.
The gearbox I stripped had a 65 teeth final gear where my old one was 64 teeth.
While busy cleaning parts my 6 year old mixed up the gears of the two gearboxes resulting in me being left with a one tooth missing 64 teeth final drive gear and a good 65 teeth final drive gear and not knowing which gears was one which shaft.

Problem is I am not sure what the correct amount of teeth is for 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th gear for reassembling as all are mixed up now.

Can anyone please assist me for the correct gear ratios/teeth for the 65 teeth final gear.

Regards

Capncol

Re: Please Help

Post by Capncol »

I'm not sure if such a list exists, but to be honest you have bought the wrong box. I suspect the cog that drives the diff has a different amount of teeth too. These boxes were fitted in many different Citroen and Peugeot models from 1100cc to diesel versions. You would be better off getting another box with the same code as the original. You would then know it has all the right ratios inc final drive.

The only other way is assemble using trial and error, but it will still be the wrong ratios for your car
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.