Lizzie goes on the dyno!

Anything related to the 206CC
Rubyoptics

Lizzie goes on the dyno!

Post by Rubyoptics »

20180111_130912.jpg
So, after my recent purchase of my 14 year old 2.0 206 cc i was curious as to how many of it's rampant 138Bhp had escaped from under the hood over time...what better way to find out than a quick trip to my local tuning centre! These guys (tomaracing pl if you are interested) deal with some serious stuff, tuning and modifying 800Bhp drift monsters for international competition, however they were more than happy (as well as slightly amused!) to put Lizzie on the rollers for a few runs, as well as hooking into the OBD port for a full diagnostic run.

The results? the initial run showed 132.2 bhp, which i was extremely happy with, however the tech in charge wasn't happy with the air/fuel mix and so spent some time playing with the ecu to try and improve the mix. After this, another 3 runs were done and the final result? 134.6 Bhp!! So, with only 3.4 wild raging French stallions escaping over the decade + since the engine was built, I am one very happy camper indeed! The techs were also impressed given the production Bhp and the age of the car.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Luditus

Re: Lizzie goes on the dyno!

Post by Luditus »

Interesting. What gets measured at the wheels is always less than the engine develops, so not as many horses have bolted. Looks, and sounds like, you have a Goody.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Yeah, it's not shaping up too badly. I have some lacquer coming off of the front drivers side alloy, but they are off to be powder coated after the Polish winter has run it's course anyway, so no big problem there! I have a few projects for Lizzie lined up for 2018 and will try to upload details here for the few that may be interested! As for the dyno run, here's the full print out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Good result!
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

George 206cc

Post by George 206cc »

That's impressive. I saw on the chart it says the air temperature was 1.5°C. I'd be interested to know by how much the curves change at say 21.5°C. Expecting it to be lower, but I wonder by how much.