PP2000 won't work

Anything related to the 206CC
George 206cc

PP2000 won't work

Post by George 206cc »

Hi all

Recently purchased PP2000/Lexia3 kit off eBay.

Tried to install all the software today on to a VM running XP and think I just about managed it.
Activated Peugeot Planet Office, that was fine also.

Plugged the thing into the car, tried to run Peugeot Planet 2000, message comes up saying something along the lines of "Peugeot Planet Office is opening Peugeot Planet 2000, please wait" and then the message disappears and nothing happens.

Prior to trying to open Planet 2000, it asks for build code. I don't know what mine is and can't see it on a sticker on the car anywhere so I estimated but can't remember what exactly. 90somethingsomething. My car is 2004 Allure 1.6 Petrol. Is there a way I can look up the build number? Even when entering the VIN into the system, it still does nothing.

Now in more recent news, Peugeot Planet has locked me out of the software saying a check for an update went wrong.

What the hell is going on? Why is it this messed up? Is there a glaring problem, something I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance

George

IanL

Re: PP2000 won't work

Post by IanL »

Image usually on the driver's door pillar.

If you still can't find it, post the last eight digits of your VIN, and I can look it up.

However, I doubt it is the cause of your problem - did you, by any chance, plug the interface into the USB port of the laptop before being prompted by the installation program? If so, the drivers will not have installed correctly. It is possible to delete the drivers and have another go, but I do not remember the steps to take. it may have been to uninstall Planet from the VM, and start again.

George 206cc

Post by George 206cc »

I have that sticker and entered some digits, I don't know can't remember now. The whole thing got a bit frustrating. Is it the case that will always be that number at the top there without those last two digits 8 and 9?

I didn't plug the interface in too early, no, because the whole thing fully installed and then once absolutely nothing was happening, I did plug it in and took it to the car. I don't recall at any stage it asking for me to plug it in at a particular point though, not convinced that happened.

Is it a certainty that at some point during the installation it will come up with a message saying, plug it in now, then it resumes? This didn't happen for me.

Baffled.

IanL

Post by IanL »

George 206cc wrote:I have that sticker and entered some digits, I don't know can't remember now. The whole thing got a bit frustrating. Is it the case that will always be that number at the top there without those last two digits 8 and 9?
Yes, the last two tell you which factory it was built in.
Is it a certainty that at some point during the installation it will come up with a message saying, plug it in now, then it resumes? This didn't happen for me.
Yes, that is my recollection.

I suggest you re-install.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Don't let it update ... if you do it's uninstall and reinstall.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

George 206cc

Post by George 206cc »

I get I musn't let it update, but I don't think I had any choice. I opened Peugeot Planet Office like normal, clicking on the blue badge expecting it to bring me to the home screen with the list of models but instead it said something along the lines of "checking internet for updates". I remembered what I was told, don't let it check the internet for updates, refuse it. So I immediately closed it. Turned wi-fi off, re-opened and it locked me out.

Can't win.

IanL

Post by IanL »

I'm not sure I've seen that, but, in any event, I always have the laptop wireless off.

George 206cc

Post by George 206cc »

Alright, well one day I'll give it another go and see what happens.

Thank you all for your replies.