JACKING WITH CROSSBEAM

Anything related to the 206CC
jramsden1

JACKING WITH CROSSBEAM

Post by jramsden1 »

Hi Guys

Planning to jack up my pug using a similar method to the attached photos. In this diagram it looks like a metal crossbeam with a lot of hollowing out, I'm planning on getting a single straight groove cut into a block of wood. I think I'm gonna try and get two pieces of wood, one longer for the jacking, and a smaller piece, the size of the jacking points, to sit between the axle stand and sill (jacking point.)

1. Anyone got any suggestion on measurements for the longer crossbeam? Specifically length and depth of the full beam, and width and depth of the groove?
2. Where could I get this made up locally and cheaply? Bedford area - e.g. Wickes, Homebase, Timber Merchant, etc?

Cheers!
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 13.42.34.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 13.43.27.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capncol

Re: JACKING WITH CROSSBEAM

Post by Capncol »

To be honest it's not needed
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

jramsden1

Post by jramsden1 »

Will the sills not bend if use jack only?

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Not if you jack on jacking points. Look at how 2 post lifts work
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.