Are 206cc and 206 front seats the same?

Anything related to the 206CC
BBlu

Are 206cc and 206 front seats the same?

Post by BBlu »

Hi all,

I'm looking around at tailored seat covers for the front seats in my 206cc.

Can anyone please tell me if the seats are the same shape as those in a 206 hatch?
I think the headrests may be different, but that is not important.
I am wanting to know if the bolsters are the same shape and size?

I have asked those who make/sell the tailored seat covers, but their answers do not give me any confidence at all!!

Thanks!!

WEE SMURF

Re: Are 206cc and 206 front seats the same?

Post by WEE SMURF »

I have fitted 206 Gti seats into a CC, no difference in the runner spacing, cant see why the bolster's would be any different if the seats are similar i.e leather or half leather etc, obviously the bolster's are slightly different on a low model with cheap cloth seats but not by a massive amount. HTH

IanL

Post by IanL »

We have a 206 hatch and cc in the family, and the seats are significantly different to sit in, so I would not take a chance on covers being interchangeable.

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

If your seats are worn why not search round the breakers yards for a pair in good condition, plenty in yards nowadays plus they will probably cost you less than getting yours recovered. The ones in red and black leather are particularly nice.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

The other item to watch is airbags ..

CCs have side airbags so any seat covers need to have this provision and also the connections to the car wiring .. I don't know if the change from preplex to MUX in early 2002 has any differences in plugs and sockets (or even hatchback seats into CC) .. but you might want to keep a soldering iron and shrink-wrap handy if you do decide to swap out the complete seats.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

BBlu

Post by BBlu »

IanL wrote:We have a 206 hatch and cc in the family, and the seats are significantly different to sit in, so I would not take a chance on covers being interchangeable.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

Just to clarify, my seats are still ok, but they are 10 years old and I want to protect them from future wear.
I don't want to use 'universal' seat covers, so I have been seeking 'tailored' seat covers to ensure they fit perfectly but it's unclear if the seats sold for 206's will also fit a 206cc.

IanL

Post by IanL »

My 206cc has black and red leather seats. The seats are like new, which is exceptional for a 12 year old car. I would be tempted to get a set of seats like that from a breaker and fit them. Keep the old seats in the attic, and refit them when you feel the need.