2.0 Throttle Body?

Anything related to the 206CC
SAnt

2.0 Throttle Body?

Post by SAnt »

Does the 2.0 have a throttle body? Or is the air intake only controlled by the ECU?

Thanks in advance!
2002 206cc 2.0 Manual

gazza82

Re: 2.0 Throttle Body?

Post by gazza82 »

Pretty sure it does .. that's what the throttle cable is attached to!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

SAnt

Post by SAnt »

Here is a pic of the engine...
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor. ... penElement

The air filter is on the right, goes to the left into a black box and out of that comes the air in the small pipe to the right and around to the back right side top.

So I'm assuming if there is a throttle body then it would be under the small black box infront of the engine? The cable going into the middle back seems to go to the throttle, but I can't see a simple way of taking the small black cover off to find out what's under it.

Any ideas greatly welcomed.
2002 206cc 2.0 Manual

SAnt

Post by SAnt »

It is under the black box. Had to remove the joining air pipe, then there is another jubilee clip that you have to access which there is a "tunnel" to get to it through. Then the black cover pulls up and voila, the throttle body!

Now it started to rain - Grr! Have to carry on tomorrow with taking it off so I can give it a clean. I'm assuming I should to an ECU shutdown and disconnect battery before pulling the electronic bits off it?
2002 206cc 2.0 Manual