206cc roof problem!!!!!

Anything related to the 206CC
Tonystime

206cc roof problem!!!!!

Post by Tonystime »

My wife has a 2003 206cc 1.6. She was trying to close the roof and the boot lid opened, the roof fully extended and closed, and then the boot lid started to close and just stopped part way.

It now appears to be completely dead, but if you drive it you can hear an alarm going off. Also the buzzer on the indicators stops making a noise as soon as you start to drive.

I have checked the fuse, replaced the ecu, checked that the electric pump motor is working, and also checked the micro switches. If you open the roof clips they do not bong as they used to.

I hope someone can help as its driving me crazy.

Tony

Enright

Re: 206cc roof problem!!!!!

Post by Enright »

Where are you Tony? Can you put your location in your profile? It may well require a "hands on" approach so it would be good to see if anyone is local who can help.
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)

Tonystime

Post by Tonystime »

Hi

I live in Derby

Tony

Enright

Post by Enright »

Ah good - that's where I work.
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Tonystime

Post by Tonystime »

Hi

I think I might have found the problem. The roof closure microswitch, that tells the ecu the the roof is out if the boot snd extended is not doing anything. It's us not being activated wether the roof is open or closed. I think something must have come of it as all there is, is the microswitch with the little button sticking out and nothing to trigger it.

Do you know if this switch should have some sort if activated attached to it?

Tony

Karrot

Post by Karrot »

The micro switch should have the small button and a metal bar across it. (these are the shelf micros)

If the metal bar is missing, the switch probably needs replacing, but if you can find it, it may be possible to glue it back in place as its just there as a striker plate to activate the button beneath

Hope that helps

K
As long as water isn't falling out of the sky, the roof can be down.

Tonystime

Post by Tonystime »

Hi

Thanks for that info. I have looked for spring in the boot without success and so I will need to replace the switch, but not from the peugeot dealer who want £87 plus vat!!!!!

I have clamped the switch closed and made certain all of the other switches are in the appropriate place but still nothing is happening at all. When I release the toofing clips they still don't give any sound. I have taken out the shunt fuse and then replaced it but still no joy. It's as if the ecu is stuck mid cycle, although I have replaced that as well.

Any ideas how to reset it to get it going again?

Tony

Enright

Post by Enright »

I don't think clamping the switch closed will work, because the ECU needs to "see" that each switch is in the appropriate condition at the various different stages of the open/close cycle. If something's not doing what it should when it expects it, then it gets confused and errors-out.
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Try contacting pug206cc-spares who are on ebay ... they break CCs and often have the roof switches etc ...

Otherwise, contact anyone breaking a 206CC on fleabay and see if they have the switch and swap it out first.

Resetting the system may be simple as disconnecting the battery, leaving if for a period and reconnecting it in the correct way. There is a step-by-step process on the posts on this forum ... it's not as simple as disconnect the earth cable and reconnect it!!. Pulling the shunt fuse is basically that ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Tonystime

Post by Tonystime »

Hi

I have tried what you suggested without success. These switches are like hens teeth.
It's really frustrating as I really only need the metal contacter for the switch.

Tony

Karrot

Post by Karrot »

OK dodgey bodge time :D

If you can fins a suitable piece of metal there is no reason that simply making a new contactor and gluing / taping it to the switch body wont work. All it does is ensure the actual microswitch button is depressed. You would just need to get a piece that will hold its shape, perhaps something like the pocket clip on a pen.

K
As long as water isn't falling out of the sky, the roof can be down.

Tonystime

Post by Tonystime »

Had another look today and the microswitch itself is broken( part if the side has come away from the mounting bracket and so the switch is no use. Just to see if this was the problem, I connected the 2 wires on the switch together, but made no difference.

Someone is coming with the correct software to diagnose what's actually wrong with the system, but I will need to replace this microswitch anyway.

Does anyone have one of these microswitches to sell?

Tony

Tonystime

Post by Tonystime »

Hi

I found and fitted a replacement switch today and hey presto the roof works again.

I found whilst circuit testing the new switch that when the switch was open it read 12 volts and when the switch was closed it read 9 volts( I thought it was just on or off) this would explain why it didn't work when I just connected the bare wire together, as it would give 12 volts, the same as if it were open. Thought this might just help someone in the future.

Thanks to all the people who replied and tried to help. I have become quit knowledgable about these roofs and do if anyone needs and help I would be pleased to assist if I can

Tony

toode10

Post by toode10 »

Hi Tony. I have the same problem with my roof. Can you confirm me which micro swtich you replaced? Thanks in advanced.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Tony hasn't been active on this forum for 3 years now so I doubt if you'll ever receive a response from him. (Moderator)
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)