How Quick

Anything related to the 206CC
Paul671

Post by Paul671 »

Following an argument I had in the pub last night, How Quick is a 206 CC? Would you consider it a sports car?

Any reply welcome, cheers.

lastvts

Post by lastvts »

What do you call a sports car? 2.0 SE 0-60 is 8.6 secs and 127mph top speed. Its on a par with old school sports cars. MX5, Fiat barchetta, MGF, although the handling of the cc lacks a little sportyness, Most comparable cars performance wise I have found was with a Mini Cooper hard top and Ford Puma. Found the cc to be just a bit quicker than the cooper and the cc has a removable roof, which must make it sportier than a cooper or puma. Depends on your definition of sports car. Most people who have moved on from the CC now own what I would call performance cars and probably wouldnt consider the cc to be sporty.

Paul671

Post by Paul671 »

Whilst I like the 206cc in it's own right, I don't think it was ever designed with performance top of the priorities list, although I think it's fair to call it a sports car as I don't find low 0-60's etc a pre-requisite for a good one.

The argument I had was with a friend who believes his 206cc is faster than my Celica GT4 (ST205), I wouldn't normally be suckered into arguing with anybody about performance figures etc, but he really is an anoying git.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Always liked the celicas, but were always a bit flat performance wise imo :( I would have had one otherwise.

0-60 means nothing, its all about quarter miles and the GT4 would have any CC for breakfast.

carl

Post by carl »

Usually "sports cars" are rear wheel drive. However, I guess an exception could be made for the Integra Type R and the Fiat Coupe 20VT.

But 206CC = not a sports car.
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=442]Ex owner number 442[/url]

Dan

Post by Dan »

A car doesnt have to hit a certain performance statistic to become a sports car.

Dabz

Post by Dabz »

it's "sporty" but perhaps not a "sports car", although it's a pretty nippy car I'd say

lastvts

Post by lastvts »

Dabz wrote:it's "sporty" but perhaps not a "sports car", although it's a pretty nippy car I'd say
That is spot on!

Had a traffic light race with a Celica 1.8 vvti thing and beat it, but a GT4. I think the guy is winding you up.